Learn how to create and record checks in QuickBooks Online.
Record checks you’ve written and create checks that you want to print in QuickBooks Online. When you record checks you use for your business, it helps keep your books accurate and organized.
Tip: If you’re not sure if you should use checks to pay for a transaction, learn about the difference between bills, checks, and expenses in QuickBooks Online.
To watch more how-to videos, visit our video section.
- Go to + New, then select Check.
- From the Payee ▼ dropdown, select who you want to address the check to.
- From the Bank Account ▼ dropdown, select the account you want the money to come from.
- Fill out the rest of the fields accordingly.
- (Optional) You can skip this step if you only want to record a check. But if you plan to print the check, you can choose to print it now or later.
Note: If you need to reuse a check number, uncheck the Print later checkbox. When you save the check, confirm that you’re aware the check number already exists.
- Print now - Select Print check. If you choose this option, QuickBooks will save the check and redirect you to the Print Checks page.
- Print later - Select the Print later checkbox. This option adds the check to the print queue where you can enter the check number and print all your checks at once.
- Select Save and close.