Learn how to make and record a journal entry in QuickBooks Desktop.
Journal entries are the last resort for entering transactions. Use them only if you understand accounting or you follow the advice of your accountant. You can also find an accountant if you need one.
- Enter debits and credits manually, like in traditional accounting systems
- Transfer money between income and expense accounts
- Transfer money from an asset, liability, or equity account to an income or expense account
Add a journal entry
- Go to the Company menu and select Make General Journal Entries.
- Fill out the fields to create your journal entry. Make sure your debits equal your credits when you’re done.
- Select Save & Close.