Learn how to create paychecks based on timesheet hours.
Do you want to create a paycheck with an employee's payroll hours included? You can with QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. We explain the requirements and show you how.
In order for the steps in this article to work, you need to meet the following conditions:
- QuickBooks Desktop time tracking is turned on. And the employees must be set to Use time data to create paychecks. (Refer to Set up time tracking preferences for instructions.)
- The hours worked of the employees should be entered using weekly timesheets or single activity entries. (Refer to Create timesheets and time data report for instructions.)
Use time data to create paycheck
- Select Employees. Then choose Payroll Center.
- Go to the Pay Employees tab.
- Under Create Paychecks, select Start Scheduled Payroll or Start Unscheduled Payroll depending on how you prefer to run your payroll.
- Make sure that the Pay Period Ends date in the Enter Payroll Information window is correct.
- Under the Total hours column you can find all of the hours of the employees for this pay period.
- If you have more than one Payroll Item used in entering the hours, these will show as separate columns. For example, if you are paying the employee regular hourly pay, and overtime pay, they will show as separate columns.
- Review the payroll information of the employees to make sure they are accurate.
- Select Continue.
- Review the information in the Review & Create Paychecks screen.
- Select Create Paychecks to finish creating the paychecks.