When you add a contractor to your Intuit Full Service Payroll account, you choose from two pay methods:
- Paper check (selected by default)
- Direct deposit
Note: You can send payments to a contractor's chequeing or a savings account — you cannot split a direct deposit transaction into two accounts.
Set a contractor up for direct deposit
- Get the contractor's bank account information
- Account type (chequeing or savings)
- Routing and account numbers (the contractor can get these from a sample check)
- Select the Employees tab.
- Scroll down and select the name of the contractor.
- Select Edit, and then Edit again in the Pay method field.
- Select Direct Deposit in the Pay method drop-down.
- Enter the contractor's bank account account info.
- Select OK.
The next time you pay the contractor, you can now pay by direct deposit.