Busyness hurting business?
Let QuickBooks handle it
Hands-free data entry
Connect your bank accounts and
QuickBooks Online downloads transactions automatically.
Connect your Apps
Sync Paypal transactions, link business cards with American Express, and import sales data from Square to get more done.
Track ins AND outs
Need to keep better tabs on your expenses? Automatic categorization of transactions lets you quickly see what you earn and spend.
Shrink paper piles
Take photos of receipts and use the mobile app to attach them to transactions in QuickBooks.
Stay on top of to-dos
Customize the homepage to quickly see what's taken care of and what to do next. Alerts show you the way.
Work together wherever
Securely collaborate with your team or accountant online. Files sync in real time for simultaneous use.
See the QuickBooks Online difference
See how QuickBooks Online works
We set up a sample company so you can take it for a test drive.
Switch to QuickBooks Online in 3 easy steps
1. Create an account
Sign up for a QuickBooks Online account. Try entering a transaction or a customer to see what you think.
2. Prepare your company file
We suggest reconciling your bank and credit card statements before you switch. And if you have payroll, it's best to switch after quarterly payroll taxes.
3. Export your company file
Find the company menu in QuickBooks Pro and export a copy of your file to QuickBooks Online.
Choose a product to fit your needs
We recommend one of these if you are switching from QuickBooks Desktop:
Here's what customers who have switched to QuickBooks Online say:
“I was a desktop version user for many years before switching over to online version, never looked back the ease of use was just amazing….Highly recommended!!!!” Pizani Designers LLC
“We used the CD-ROM based 2012 version until switching to QuickBooks Online. The online version is simpler, faster and easier to use. It has improved our firm’s financial efficiency and accuracy. We’re so glad we made the switch!” -Adam S., Business Manager
“I have used QB for 16 years since I started my business to and found this system worked great for me. When I bought a new PC and decided to use QB online it was very easy to switch over. The best thing is your technical support they got me up and running. The QB online is faster and easier to use. I recommend highly. Keep up the good work.” - Virginia W., Small Business Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
Not interested in switching to QuickBooks Online? Shop our desktop products.
What happens to my existing data in QuickBooks Desktop?
Nothing, we simply copy the data and add that copy online. Your original data remains untouched in its original form.
Does QuickBooks Online sync with my QuickBooks Desktop version?
No, QuickBooks Online is a completely independent version of QuickBooks, so you will be able access QuickBooks entirely online from your browser or mobile device.
How do I know my data imported correctly?
We do everything we can to make sure things are accurate so you don't have to do anything. But it is always a good idea to double check by running a Profit & Loss report, and Balance Sheet report on Accrual method, for ALL Dates. Do this for both programs and compare your balances to make sure things match.
I don't see the option to "Export to QuickBooks Online" under my Company tab in QuickBooks.
You may need to update QuickBooks in order to see this option. You can do that by "Help-check for updates" or click HERE to find your product and download the Update manually.
- Internet connection (high speed connection recommended)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari 6.1
- Also accessible via Chrome on Andriod and Safari on iOS 7
- QuickBooks Online mobile app works with the iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
- Not all features are available on mobile devices
Productivity apps that work with QuickBooks Online
1. Based on Intuit Survey, 2014
LIMITED TIME OFFER:
2. 30% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online Essentials and 40% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online Plus for the first 6 months of service, starting from date of enrollment, followed by the then current monthly price. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. Offer not applicable with free trial. You must select the Buy Now option. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Online customers only, from Monday at 12:00 AM PST through Friday at 11:59 PM PST during the promotional period. Promotional period starts March 9, 2015 and is available Monday through Friday for a limited time only. You can place orders weekdays by phone by calling 800-286-6800 between 6:00 AM PST through 6:00 PM PST. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. To cancel your subscription, call 866-272-8734 x111. Terms, conditions, pricing, special features, and service and support options subject to change without notice.
3. Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
4. QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses.
5. Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
6. Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
7. Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
8. QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
9. Add-ons sold separately. Additional terms, conditions and fees may apply.
10. Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the quality of QuickBooks ProAdvisors' (either certified or non certified) work and Intuit is not responsible for any errors, acts or omissions of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors or non-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.