and simplify your day.
Switch to QuickBooks Online
Daily tasks made easier
Less work with QuickBooks Online
Collaboration made simple
Work securely online with your accountant or team – from anywhere.4 QuickBooks Online makes it easier to sync files in real time for simultaneous use.
No more back-ups
Never worry about saving your files to an external device. QuickBooks Online works from any computer, on any device.
Hands-free data entry
Connect your bank accounts and
QuickBooks Online downloads transactions automatically.2
Connect your Apps
Sync, link, and import data from apps you already use like Paypal, American Express, and Square.3
Track earnings and expenses
Transactions are categorized automatically, so you can quickly keep tabs on what you earn and spend.
Shrink paper piles
Take photos of receipts and use the QuickBooks mobile app to attach them to transactions in QuickBooks Online.
The QuickBooks Online Difference
See how QuickBooks Online works
We set up a sample company so you can take it for a test drive.
Switch to QuickBooks Online in 3 easy steps
1. Create an account
Sign up for a QuickBooks Online account. Try entering a transaction or a customer to see what you think.
2. Prepare your company file
We suggest reconciling your bank and credit card statements before you switch. And if you have payroll, it's best to switch after quarterly payroll taxes.
3. Export your company file
Find the company menu in QuickBooks Pro and export a copy of your file to QuickBooks Online.
Choose a product to fit your needs
We recommend one of these if you are switching from QuickBooks Desktop:
Connect with a local accounting expert
Get the most out of QuickBooks by connecting with a local QuickBooks ProAdvisor. They can help with customizing QuickBooks Online for your business, migrating from QuickBooks Pro or Premier and more.
Here's what customers who have switched to QuickBooks Online say:
“I was a desktop version user for many years before switching over to online version, never looked back the ease of use was just amazing….Highly recommended!!!!” Pizani Designers LLC
“We used the CD-ROM based 2012 version until switching to QuickBooks Online. The online version is simpler, faster and easier to use. It has improved our firm’s financial efficiency and accuracy. We’re so glad we made the switch!” -Adam S., Business Manager
“I have used QB for 16 years since I started my business to and found this system worked great for me. When I bought a new PC and decided to use QB online it was very easy to switch over. The best thing is your technical support they got me up and running. The QB online is faster and easier to use. I recommend highly. Keep up the good work.” - Virginia W., Small Business Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
Not interested in switching to QuickBooks Online? Shop our desktop products.
What happens to my existing data in QuickBooks Desktop?
Nothing, we simply copy the data and add that copy online. Your original data remains untouched in its original form.
Does QuickBooks Online sync with my QuickBooks Desktop version?
No, QuickBooks Online is a completely independent version of QuickBooks, so you will be able access QuickBooks entirely online from your browser or mobile device.
How do I know my data imported correctly?
We do everything we can to make sure things are accurate so you don't have to do anything. But it is always a good idea to double check by running a Profit & Loss report, and Balance Sheet report on Accrual method, for ALL Dates. Do this for both programs and compare your balances to make sure things match.
I don't see the option to "Export to QuickBooks Online" under my Company tab in QuickBooks.
You may need to update QuickBooks in order to see this option. You can do that by "Help-check for updates" or click HERE to find your product and download the Update manually.
- Internet connection (high speed connection recommended)
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, Safari 6.1
- Also accessible via Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS 7
- QuickBooks Online mobile app works with the iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets
- Not all features are available on mobile devices
Productivity apps that work with QuickBooks Online
- Based on Intuit Survey, 2014
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Each application subject to additional terms, conditions and fees.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol is the same encryption technology used by some of the world's top banking institutions to secure data that is sent over the Internet.
- QuickBooks Online - Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required. QuickBooks Desktop - QuickBooks Plus Solutions Hosting Service (powered by Right Networks) uses top-tier data centers and multiple layers of redundancy within its infrastructure to provide 24x7 availability. However, availability can vary, is subject to occasional downtime and may change without notice. Right Networks encrypts all backup files and backup tapes. Virtual desktop connections are protected via financial services industry-leading encryption and authentication. Each customer has a unique Right Networks virtual desktop. Access to each QuickBooks company file is controlled at multiple layers including file access permissions. Access is locked out after multiple failed login attempts for the same user. Security features, functionality and access are subject to change without notice as deemed necessary by Right Networks.
- QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.