Instantly know what's selling and who's buying
Track inventory as you sell and receive items, ring sales, manage customers and accept
QuickBooks Point of Sale
Starting at $1,199.95
Call (800) 460-1494 for special offer.
How It Works
Track inventory as you sell and receive items. Use the data to negotiate lower vendor costs. See how to import and create inventory.
Accept Credit Cards
Accept credit cards in your QuickBooks POS system or from your iPhone, iPad or Android device. Rates as low as 1.45% per PIN pad debit transaction1. Call (800) 450-8129 to apply.
QuickBooks Auto Updates
QuickBooks auto-updates your books when you get paid and when you sell or receive inventory. Less mistakes, less work, less worry.
Choose a plan to fit your needs.
Call today (800) 460-1494 for financing options.
Run your entire business with QuickBooks.
Quickly do your invoicing, bookkeeping, and billing all in one place. Easily track sales, expenses and be ready for tax time. Learn more.
Faster payments happen in QuickBooks.
Accept credit cards in your QuickBooks POS system and take mobile payments. Rates as low as 1.45% per PIN pad debit transaction1. Call to apply (800) 450-8129.
Combine QuickBooks Point of Sale software with these guaranteed-compatible hardware2 to turn any PC into a complete retail management system.
These Point of Sale supplies are designed to work with Intuit QuickBooks Retail Solutions software and Hardware.
Talk to a Local Expert
Connect with a local certified Point of Sale (POS)
retail solution expert and start transforming your
business with the best retail inventory
management solution from Intuit QuickBooks.
"Intuit has allowed Back to Natives to grow our native plant sales which raise funds for our environmental education programs. We are very happy with the Intuit products we use, including QuickBooks Point of Sale, QuickBooks Premier Non-profit Edition 2012, Enhanced Payroll Solutions and Merchant Account Credit Card Processing Services. Intuit products help us to be more efficient on the business side of things so we can make a larger difference in our community and to local wildlands. The simplicity and integration of the software has allowed our staff to stay focused on what matters most: the habitat! I can't imagine running Back to Natives without Intuit's products."
"I love how everything works together. Intuit has allowed us to break into the world of retail and grow the social enterprise for JSAW. Ultimately Intuit products will allow us to make a larger difference in our community. Now we can not only make sales that help better fund our programs for youth, but the simplicity and integration has allowed for our staff to stay focused on what matters most: the kids!"
"Intuit has allowed Back to Natives to grow our native plant sales which raise funds for our environmental education programs. We are very happy with the Intuit products we use, including QuickBooks Point of Sale, QuickBooks Premier Non-profit Edition 2012, Enhanced Payroll Solutions and Merchant Account Credit Card Processing Services. Intuit products help us to be more efficient on the business side of things so we can make a larger difference in our community and to local wildlands. The simplicity and integration of the software has allowed our staff to stay focused on what matters most: the habitat! I can't imagine running Back to Natives without Intuit's products.”
"I have been using several Intuit products since the start of my retail business 10 years ago, including: QuickBooks Point Of Sale, QuickBooks Premier Accounting, Payroll Solutions and Merchant Account Credit Card Processing Services. These products have enabled me to run my business far more efficiently and profitably. With these software tools, I can instantly generate the reports I need to make better business decisions about inventory, cash flow requirements, customer trends - just to name a few. I can't imagine running my business without Intuit's products."
Frequently asked questions
About the software
Q: What’s new in QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013?
A: Features new to Point of Sale 2013 include:
• Mobile Sync – accept credit cards on your smart phone or iPad
• Updated navigation to simplify everyday tasks
• Simple Payments Account Activation
Q: What is Mobile Sync?
A: Mobile Sync allows you to ring up credit card sales on the go with your smart phone or iPad with the GoPayment app, Intuit’s mobile credit card payment app and card reader. Simply select the items you want to sell on your mobile device in Point of Sale and you’re ready to go.
Q: How can I use Mobile Sync for my retail business?
A: Instead of having your customers wait in long check-out lines, you or your employees can use Mobile Sync to ring up sales on the floor of your retail store. Or if you attend street fairs, trade shows and craft fairs, you can use the mobile sync feature to ring up sales while you’re on the go. All the sales and inventory data automatically syncs back to QuickBooks Point of Sale, keeping your information in one spot & up to date.
Q: What devices are compatible with the mobile card reader?
A: The mobile card reader works with the following Apple and Android devices: All iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices running iOS 4.0 and higher. The card reader is compatible on the following Android devices running iOS 2.1 and higher.
|HTC Aria||Motorola Flipside|
|HTC Droid Incredible||Motorola Xoom Tablet|
|HTC Droid Incredible 2||Motorola XPRT(MB612)|
|HTC EVO 4G (PC36100||Samsung Captivate (SGH-I897|
|HTC EVO 4G 3D (PG86100)||Samsung Captivate Glide (SGH-I927)|
|HTC EVO Shift 4G (PG06100)||Samsung Continuum (SCH-I400)|
|HTC G2||Samsung Droid Charge (SCH-I510)|
|HTC MyTouch 4G||Samsung Epic 4G (SPH-D700)|
|HTC MyTouch 4G Slide||Samsung Exhibit 4G|
|HTC Nexus One||Samsung Exhibit II 4G|
|HTC One X (htconex)||Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500)|
|HTC Rezound||Samsung Galaxy Indulge (SCH-R910)|
|HTC Rhyme (ADR6330VW)||Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-I515)|
|HTC Sensation 4G||Samsung Galaxy Nexus S|
|HTC Status (PH06130)||Samsung Galaxy Note (SAMSUNG-SGH-I717)|
|HTC Thunderbolt||Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70)|
|HTC Vivid||Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-I777)|
|Huawei Impulse 4G||Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-D710|
|LG Enlighten||Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket LTE (I727)|
|LG Optimus T (LG-P509)||Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-T989)|
|LG Revolution||Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere (SCH-I405)|
|Motorola Atrix II (MB865)||Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10"(GT-P7510)|
|Motorola Droid||Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 (Verizon 4G LTE) (SCH-I905)|
|Motorola Droid 2||Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210)|
|Motorola Droid 2 Global||Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9" (GT-P7310)|
|Motorola Droid 3||Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 (SGH-I957)|
|Motorola Droid 4||Samsung Illusion (SCH-I110)|
|Motorola Droid Bionic||Samsung Infuse 4G|
|Motorola Bravo (MB520)||Samsung Replenish|
|Motorola Droid Pro||Samsung Sidekick 4G (SGH-T839H)|
|Motorola Droid Razr 4G||Samsung Transform|
|Motorola Droid Razr Maxx||Samsung Vibrant (SGH-T959)|
|Motorola Droid X||T-Mobile myTouch 4G|
|Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 (MZ617)|
Q: What kinds of retailers use Point of Sale 2013?
A: Point of Sale is ideal for many types of retailers. Here are a few examples:
• Pet Supplies
• Clothing, Footwear and Accessories
• Gift and Souvenir
• Sporting Goods
• Furniture and Home Furnishings
• Sewing and Fabric
• Game and Hobby
• Lumber and Building
• Paint and Wallpaper
• Floor Covering and Hardware
• Music and Video
• Computers and Electronics
Q: What are the differences between the three editions of Point of Sale
A: Point of Sale is available in three levels:
• Basic: For retailers who need basic inventory, sales and customer tracking
• Pro: All the features in Basic, plus additional inventory and sales features such as: advanced tracking of products by style and color, serial number tracking, sales orders, layaways, multiple units of measure, committed vs. available inventory and employee commission tracking
• Multi-Store: All the features in Pro, plus the ability to manage up to 20 locations.
Q: How is Point of Sale different from Intuit QuickBooks Financial software?
A: Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale is point of sale software used by more than 100,000 independent retail businesses. You can use QuickBooks Point of Sale to quickly ring up sales, track inventory, and manage customer and employee information. QuickBooks Point of Sale also helps you to run critical business reports, like sales over time, sales by employee, inventory turn and more. There are over 50 pre-built reports ready for you in just a few clicks, or you can build your own customized reports to get the information you need to make better business decisions.
Intuit QuickBooks Financial software is small business financial software used by more than 4 million businesses. You can use QuickBooks Financial software to pay bills, manage payroll, and create financial statements and reports.
Q: Does QuickBooks Point of Sale work with QuickBooks Financial software?
A: Use either product alone, or use the two together, transferring sales and inventory data from Point of Sale to QuickBooks Financial software for a more complete retail management solution.
Q: Do I have to use QuickBooks Financial software in order to use Point of Sale?
A: No. Point of Sale works by itself to easily and accurately track and manage your inventory, sales and customer information. It can also be used together with QuickBooks Financial software4 to create a complete retail management suite, including financial accounting.
Q: How is Point of Sale better than an electronic cash register?
A: Point of Sale quickly rings up sales, like a cash register, but also tracks complete inventory, sales and customer information to give you better control over your business. With every sale, your inventory is automatically adjusted so you always know where you stand-what's in stock, what needs reordering. At the end of the day you can quickly and easily transfer sales data into QuickBooks Financial software, saving time and helping to reduce manual bookkeeping errors.
Q: How much does Point of Sale cost?
A: There are three levels of Point of Sale: 1) Point of Sale Basic is $1,199.95, 2) Pro is $1,699.95 and 3) Multi-Store is $1,899.95. For more information on the differences between these products please see the product comparison chart by clicking here.
Q: Can I try Point of Sale before I buy it?
A: Yes! Simply download the Point of Sale Free version and accept the
free 30 day trial now. If you decide to purchase within the 30 day trial period, simply call us to "unlock" your free version to the Pro version (additional fee required). You'll be able to continue using the same installation without having to download, install or set up anything again!
Q: What if I find it's not right for me?
A: Point of Sale software comes with a QuickBooks 60-Day Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee. If you're not satisfied, return the product to your place of purchase or to Intuit within 60 days with a dated receipt for a full refund of your purchase price. All QuickBooks-approved retail hardware is covered by a one-year hardware manufacturer's warranty.
Q: Will Point of Sale 2013 work with Windows Vista operating system?
A: Yes, Point of Sale software versions 8.0 and higher, POS-approved hardware and Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service will run on Windows Vista. However, you may need to take some simple, additional steps when installing POS software and hardware to ensure they run on a PC with Windows Vista. Earlier versions of Point of Sale will not run properly on Windows Vista. For more information about running Point of Sale on Windows Vista, please visit our Support Center.
Getting Started with Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
Q: How hard is it to get started?
A: Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale is designed to be easy to set up; so most retailers can start using the software the same day. Use the simple Setup Interview to get started quickly and easily. Import item, vendor and customer lists from QuickBooks Financial software or Microsoft® Excel to save hours of manual data entry. QuickBooks Point of Sale also includes a collection of “how-to” videos, which can be found here, and a User Guide which leads you through the most important tasks to get you up and running.
Q: How do I set up my Payments Account?
A: You can have your Payments Account up and running in less than an hour. Simply call (877) 639-0644 to apply for your account. Once you are approved you will receive an email with your account information. In QuickBooks Point of Sale, simply select the Setup Interview and follow the steps in the setup interview to begin processing credit card payments.
Q: What if I need help getting started?
A: QuickBooks Point of Sale software has many tools to help you get up and running smoothly, including:
- Quick Start Guide included with your software.
- Ongoing technical support plans.
- Certified QuickBooks Point of Sale ProAdvisors may also be available to help you get the most out of your product. Visit www.findaproadvisor.com.
- Connect with other Point of Sale users and experts to ask questions and share advice. Go to the User Community.
- Intuit Solution Providers - Your local retail business and technology experts can help you with any retail technology questions, and are just a few clicks away. Learn more.
Q: Do I have to enter each customer, vendor and inventory item one-at-a-time?
A: No! You can save hours of manual data entry by importing your company information from QuickBooks Financial software or from Microsoft® Excel. Point of Sale imports data from any QuickBooks Pro or Premier Edition 2008-2012, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0-12.0, or Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007. These applications are sold separately.
Q: Can I transfer data from the retail software I'm currently using into QuickBooks Point of Sale?
A: If you can export information from your current retail management software to either QuickBooks Accounting software or Microsoft Excel, you can then easily import it into Point of Sale. Point of Sale imports data from any QuickBooks Pro or Premier Edition 2007-2011, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 7.0-11.0, or Microsoft Excel 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007. These applications are sold separately.
Using Point of Sale with QuickBooks Financial software
Q: What versions of QuickBooks Financial software work with Point of Sale?
A: Point of Sale software works with any QuickBooks Pro or Premier Edition 2008-2012, and with QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 8.0-12.0. QuickBooks Financial software is sold separately.
Q: If I use Point of Sale together with QuickBooks Financial software, do my employees get access to my financial information?
A: No. You can maintain complete control over both QuickBooks Point of Sale software and QuickBooks Financial software to allow your employees to see only the information they need.
Processing Credit Card and Debit Card Transactions
Q: How do I process credit cards with Point of Sale?
A: You can use Point of Sale to process credit card payments quickly and easily without a separate credit card terminal, all you need is Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account6. You can easily record and authorize secure transactions right from your Point of Sale software, or iPhone and Tablet. Your transactions are automatically recorded right in Point of Sale, no more going back and forth to a separate terminal, no more double data entry and you’ll reduce errors.
Q: Does Point of Sale work with any Merchant Service Provider?
A: Yes, you can use any Merchant Service with Point of Sale, but only a QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments account will integrate with Point of Sale. The integrated Payments Account allows you to process and record credit card transactions in Point of Sale without requiring a separate terminal. You may use another merchant service with Point of Sale, but you will have to manually enter the transaction information into your credit card terminal.
Q: How do I process debit cards with Point of Sale?
A: It's easy. All you need is QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account and an integrated PIN Debit Keypad. Apply for the service by calling 877-639-0644.
Q: How do I process credit cards on my mobile device?
A: You can use mobile payments to process credit card payments quickly and easily on your mobile device. Your sales and inventory information will automatically sync back to your Point of Sale software, keeping your information accurate and up-to-date. All you need is Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account. Just swipe the customer's card through the mobile card reader and the GoPayment app transmits the transaction to QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service, Apply for a QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account by calling 877-639-0644.
Q: Do I need to accept credit cards or debit cards in order to use Point of Sale?
A: Not at all. Point of Sale is a great way to manage your inventory, sales and customer information even if you don't use the integrated credit card processing.
Q: Does Point of Sale work with other merchant card services?
A: You can use any merchant services you like in conjunction with Point of Sale, but in order to obtain the required authorizations for credit card sales, you'll need to manually enter the transaction information into your credit card terminal - an extra step that can introduce errors. And you can't capture the authorization code in the sales record unless you enter it manually. QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service is the only service that allows you to authorize credit card transactions directly from the actual sales record in the software. There's no need to re-enter anything, no extra steps, and it can reduce errors.
Q: What advantages do I get with QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service?
A: QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service integrates seamlessly with Point of Sale software to save you time and help reduce manual data entry and bookkeeping errors. Simply call (With options for a low discount rate and low monthly fees, and with no monthly equipment charges, QuickBooks Point of Sale Merchant Service is another time and money-saving solution from QuickBooks. The application process takes just minutes and you can be ringing up credit card sales in less than a day. For more information on our competitive rates, please visit our QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account page by clicking here or call 877-639-0644.
Using Multiple Copies in One Location
Q: Can I install my current copy of Point of Sale on more than one computer?
A: Yes, but your user license permits use on only one computer at a time. For example, you could install a single copy of Point of Sale on both a front register and a back office computer, but you would only be able to use one at a time. To use both at the same time you will need to purchase an additional copy of Point of Sale.
Q: How many copies of Point of Sale can I network together within one store?
A: You can connect as many as twenty copies of Point of Sale within one store and all twenty copies can share the same data. Detailed instructions for setting up a networked installation are found in the QuickBooks Point of Sale User's Guide. In a multi-user installation, every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version (ex: Version 2013) and same level (ex: Pro), and every copy must be purchased separately.
Q: Can I use Point of Sale at my front counter and QuickBooks Accounting software in my back office?
A: Yes, many retailers do this to save hours of manually updating their books with sales and inventory information. You can transmit information from your Point of Sale application directly into your QuickBooks data file across a local area network. Detailed instructions for setting up a networked installation are found in the QuickBooks Point of Sale User's Guide. If you'd rather not set up a network, you can copy your Point of Sale data file onto a CD, portable memory device or other removable media, and load it onto the computer that houses your QuickBooks Accounting software. In this scenario, both computers would have to have QuickBooks Point of Sale installed.
Q: An outside accountant does my bookkeeping. Do they need to purchase Point of Sale, too?
A: No, your accountant does not need the sales details in QuickBooks Point of Sale - just the summary of the information that you post to your QuickBooks Accounting software. Just transfer your summarized sales information from QuickBooks Point of Sale into your QuickBooks Accounting software. Then, just as you've always done, send the QuickBooks Accounting software file to your accountant for review.
Upgrading from Basic to Pro
Q: I bought Point of Sale Basic, but I've decided I'd really like to take advantage of some of the features in Pro. What can I do?
A: Every copy of Point of Sale contains the features of all three editions (Free, Basic and Pro). If you decide to upgrade from one version to another, call us. For an additional fee, we'll provide a key code. Just enter this key code into the software as instructed, and the features you want are available instantly - no waiting for an upgrade to arrive in the mail.
Using Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale to Manage Multiple Locations
Q: What do I need to buy in order to manage multiple stores with Point of Sale?
A: In a multiple store installation, every Point of Sale must be the same version (ex. version 2013) and level (Multi-Store level only) and you must purchase each copy you install. Call (877) 639-0644 to speak to a QuickBooks Point of Sale expert for more information.
Q: How many stores can I manage with Point of Sale Pro?
A: Point of Sale Multi-Store 2013 allows you to manage up to twenty store locations with a single company data file. In a multi-store installation, every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version (example: Version 2013) and same level (Multi-Store), and you must purchase each copy you install.
How to Purchase Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale
Q: Where can I buy QuickBooks Point of Sale?
A: QuickBooks Point of Sale can be purchased on our web site, PointofSale.intuit.com, through our certified retail consultant team at (877) 639-0644, a certified Intuit Solution Provider or at select retailers including OfficeMax, Office Depot, Best Buy, Staples, selected CompUSA and Sam's Clubs stores, amazon.com, Costco.com and any of the above retailers' web sites.
Q: What are the system requirements?
- At least 2 GB of RAM for a single workstation installation
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution. 15" Touch Screen running at 1024x768 resolution is recommended.
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (SP2 or later recommended), Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 (SP1 or later strongly recommended)
- Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
- Microsoft® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 but not Starter edition
- Microsoft® Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 but not Starter edition
- Multi-core processor and 4GB of Ram are recommended for better performance on the Point of Sale server workstation
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a separately purchased user license and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.
- Internet connection required for patch updates, in-product help and video tutorials.
Financial software integration requires
- QuickBooks Pro or Premier Editions 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Version 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.0 or 14.0
Intuit Payment Solutions
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms & conditions apply.
- Requires an Intuit Payments Account through Intuit Payment Solutions; sold separately. Application approval, fees and additional terms and conditions apply. See the Merchant Agreement for complete terms and conditions, including additional pricing information. To apply, you must be eligible under our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Credit card reader and printer required for credit and debit transactions. PIN pad required for debit transactions.
- Internet connection required. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support options are subject to change at any time without notice.
Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite
- Zone Labs' Zone Alarm Pro
- Trend Micro
Try QuickBooks Point of Sale free for 30-days. Ring up sales, accept credit cards and track inventory more easily than ever before.4
* Free Hardware ($600 value) offer available only by calling Intuit at (800) 460-1494. Offer is valid with the purchase of QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 and approved Merchant Service account. Offer expires 1/3/2015. QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of Interoperability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty. QuickBooks Point of Sale Hardware Bundle requires a computer, Microsoft Windows 7 (SP2 or later recommended), Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 (SP1 or later strongly recommended) or Windows Server 2012.
- POS Merchant Service PIN Debit rates are 1.45%, Swiped card rates are 2.40% and Keyed card rates are 2.99% There is a $0.25 fee per transaction. Some swiped cards may transact at the higher keyed rate. Please call an agent at (800) 450-8129 for more details on card rates. Internet access required to process all transactions and PIN Pad hardware is required to accept PIN debit transactions, sold separately. Based on analysis of average fees paid by Point of Sale Merchant Service customers. Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of Inter-operability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty. Click here for the full warranty. Due to hardware upgrades, actual components may differ slightly in appearance.
- POS 2013 works with QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2012-2014 and QuickBooks Enterprise v12.0-14.0. Sold separately. GoPayment requires QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 and a QuickBooks Point of Sale payments account through Intuit Payment Solutions. QuickBooks Point of Sale payments account is optional; sold separately. Application approval, fees and additional terms and conditions apply. Internet connection required. Details available at http://payments.intuit.com. Mobile device will require a data plan sold separately by a phone carrier or other supplier.
- Windows only
- Intuit does not warrant or guarantee the quality of QuickBooks ProAdvisors' (either certified or non certified) work and Intuit is not responsible for any errors, acts or omissions of Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors or non-certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.