Learn how to remove or delete a scheduled payroll liability.
You can't remove tax liabilities from the payroll schedule once they are set up in QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can remove other types of liabilities, such 401(k) contributions, health insurance, and dental insurance.
We show you how.
To remove a scheduled payroll liability in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Select Employees, and select Payroll Center.
- Select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- Select Change Payment Method from the Other Activities drop-down list.
- In the QuickBooks Payroll Setup window, select Benefit and Other Payments.
- Select Schedule Payments, and double-click the payroll item to edit.
- Under Payment Frequency, select the I don't need a regular payment schedule for this item option.
- Select Finish, and select Finish again.