If you encounter the message Your session has expired when trying to use Intuit Data Protect, you need to sign out of the application, and sign back in. Follow the steps below to do this:
- To open Intuit Data Protect, log in to your company file and go to File > Back Up Company > Setup/Activate Online Backup.
OR: From the System Tray, find and right-click the IDP icon (green padlock) and select Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Click Sign out in the Intuit Data Protect window.
Tip! Even when the session has not expired, you still have the option to sign out.
- Read the Learn how to sign into Intuit Data Protect, and ensure that you sign into Intuit Data Protect using the displayed email or user ID.
- Click OK. You are now signed out of Intuit Data Protect. The sign in screen will appear with the email or user ID auto-populated.
- Enter the password and click Sign In.
- After you are signed in, Intuit Data Protect will be set up with your existing preferences. Follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup.
- Intuit Data Protect is now ready for you to access earlier backups and make new backups.