Find information on the latest payroll update (22011) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 22011, released April 23, 2020.
In the sections below we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 22011 (April 23, 2020)
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes a new tax tracking type to track employer liabilities for paid leave credits, as defined in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- There are no forms updates in this payroll update.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no e-File and Pay changes in this payroll update.
|Note: If you do not have Auto-Update enabled, close and re-open QuickBooks after downloading tax table updates to complete the installation process.|
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- What's changing with the Federal W-4?
- What you need to know about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types