Find information on the latest payroll update (22006) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 22006, released February 20, 2020.
In the sections below we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 22006 (February 20, 2020)
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes new withholding tables for: Arkansas, Maryland and Mississippi.
- This tax table includes changes for: Maine
- There are no form updates in this payroll update.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no e-File and Pay changes in this payroll update.
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- What's changing with the Federal W-4?
- Create a payroll item for Moving Expenses
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- Qualified Small Employer Health Reimbursement Arrangements (QSEHRA)
- 2018 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types