Find information on the latest payroll update (22109) as well as earlier release updates.
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 22109, released on April 15, 2021.
In the sections below, we provide information and links to recent and previous updates.
What’s included in Payroll Update 22109 (April 15, 2021)
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes other changes for Kentucky.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Maine and Rhode Island.
e-File and Pay Update
- There are no e-File & Pay updates in this Payroll Update.
|Note: If you do not have Auto-Update enabled, close and re-open QuickBooks after downloading tax table updates to complete the installation process.|
Find recent payroll updates
For a complete overview of the most recent payroll update, select your product year from the list below:
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
|Payroll Update Number||Date Released|
Payroll News: Stay up to date
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- What's changing with the Federal W-4?
- What you need to know about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types