Learn how to get a Previous Reconciliation report so you can review your past reconciliations.
Need info from a past reconciliation to fix your current reconciliation? A Previous Reconciliation Report gives you details that can help you find discrepancies and other issues.
Here's how to run a Previous Reconciliation Report. Once you have it, use it to fix your reconciliation.
Run a Previous Reconciliation Report
|Note: You can get reports for the last 120 reconciliations in QuickBooks Desktop Premier, Accountant, and Enterprise.
However, the Previous Reconciliation Report only shows your most recent reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop Pro. We recommend saving your reconciliation reports as PDFs or exporting them to Excel each time after you reconcile an account.
- Go to the Reports menu. Hover over Banking and select Previous Reconciliation.
- From the Account drop-down menu, select the account you reconciled.
- In the Statement Ending Date section, select the reconciliation period you want to review.
- Select Detailed or Both for the report type. We recommend Detailed if you're using the report to fix a reconciliation.
- Select which transactions you want to see on the report:
- Transactions cleared at the time of reconciliation: This gives you a snapshot. It only shows transactions in the account at the time of the reconciliation.
- Transactions cleared plus any changes made to those transactions: This shows transactions in the account at the time of reconciliation. It also shows where they currently are in your accounts.
- When you're ready to run the report, select Display.
Review the report for discrepancies or issues. To get more info and narrow in on specific details, customize the report.
You can also print the report or export it as a PDF or to Excel.