When installing QuickBooks Desktop and you encounter the error message below, the Windows user account in use may be damaged or the network listed in the error is unavailable:
Error 1606: Could not access network location
To fix the issue, follow the solutions in the order shown.
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks using the Administrator user account
This account is usually managed by your computer technician or owner of the company.
- Restart your computer.
- Use the Windows Administrator username and password to sign in to your computer.
- Install QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Install QuickBooks in selective start up
Solution 3: Install QuickBooks using a new Windows Administrator user
- Create a new Windows user with Admin rights.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 4: If you are running QuickBooks Desktop in Windows 7 installed in Parallels
- Sign out of your parallel and log back in.
- In the parallel Desktop, select Devices and click Shared Folders.
- Select Disconnect All (you will be logged out of the parallel).
- Sign back in and install QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 5: Resolve incorrect registry subkeyWarning:
This process is intended for a system administrator. This process includes editing the registry, which, if not done correctly could result in serious damage to your device.
If you continue to receive the error, you may have an incorrect setting in a registry subkey. To correct the setting, contact your system or network administrator, computer consultant, or Microsoft support.