Learn how to use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool to move your data over from Sage 50.
Do you want to move your accounting data from Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) over to QuickBooks Desktop? Use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool to move your data automatically. Here’s how to download and use the tool.
Step 1: Review the conversion requirements
Before you start, check the system requirements for the conversion tool.
|Operating System:||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8|
|Processor:||500 MHz Intel Pentium II (minimum)|
|Memory (RAM):||512 MB (minimum)|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB of free space (recommended)|
|Microsoft .NET Framework:||Version 2.0 (minimum)|
|QuickBooks Desktop:||Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2016 or higher|
|Sage 50:||Version 2013 and above|
Also if you haven’t already, make sure your computer meets the QuickBooks Desktop system requirements.
Step 2: Prepare for the conversion
- If you haven't already, install QuickBooks Desktop on the same computer as Sage 50.
- Make sure your Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop data are saved on your local hard drive. If it isn’t, move it to your local hard drive before you start.
- Create a backup of your Sage 50 data before you start.
Step 3: Setup Sage 50
- Open Sage 50 and the file you want to convert.
- From the main menu, select Maintain.
- Select Users and then Setup Security.
- Select the Data Access/Crystal Reports tab.
- Select the With the following login information option (Note: You can't change the ID field).
- Select Change and set a password for the transfer.
- After you set your new password, close Sage 50.
Step 4: Download the conversion tool
- Download the QuickBooks Conversion Tool.
- Find and open the folder you saved the downloaded file to.
- Right-click QuickBooksConversionToolSetup.exe and select Run as Administrator.
Step 5: Convert your data
- In the conversion tool, select Browse.
- Find and select the Sage 50 company file you want to convert.
- In the Pervasive 32-bit ODBC engine DSN Setup window, select your QuickBooks company file from the Database Name drop-down menu. Then select OK.
- Enter the Sage 50 password you just created. Then select Next.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version and edition you’re moving your Sage data into.
- Select Browse and choose the folder to save your converted data to. Then select Next. If you don't pick a folder, the default is your My Documents folder.
- Review what you entered. If everything looks good, select Convert File to start the conversion.
The conversion tool runs automatically. It may take some time to convert your data.
Step 6: Review the conversion
When the tool is finished, select Open in QuickBooks. Review your data in QuickBooks and make sure everything is there. Then review the transfer log:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Search for and open File Explorer.
- Go to C:\USERS\[Your Windows User Name]\My Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Review the failed transaction log file in the folder. This tells you if any data didn't transfer over.
After you review the log, you're good to go. If you’re new to QuickBooks Desktop, here’s how to get started.
If you notice anything is missing, reach out to our support team. They can help you find any missing info.