The Advanced account settings is where you or your accountant initially set up your company file.
|Note: Advanced account settings vary by region.|
How to set up Advanced account settings
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and Settings.
- From the left menu, select Advanced.
- Select the Pencil icon for each section below to modify your settings.
Preferences for Advanced account settings
Choose preferences accordingly:
- Set up the fiscal year and set the closing date.
- Specify your accounting method.
Company Type: Select the type of tax form your company uses.
Chart of Accounts: Enable or disable use of account numbers.
Categories: Add "class" and "location" fields on your forms.
- Pre-fill forms.
- Automatically apply debits and credits.
Projects: Select if you want to use the Projects feature to see all sales, expenses and timesheets by project.
Time Tracking: Specify defaults for timesheets, such as adding fields and first day of work week to display.
Currency (Essentials and Plus Only): Select if you accept transactions in foreign currencies.
- Date and number format.
- Customer label (how you refer to your customers — as clients, patients, members, etc).
- Warnings about duplicate transaction numbers.
- Waiting time before you're automatically signed out of QuickBooks Online.
You now know how to set up your Advanced advanced settings.