Learn how to create templates and use the Layout Designer to customize forms in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
The Layout Designer helps you create form templates in line with your brand. It is a built-in feature that launches when you open or edit a template in the form window. We’ll show you how.
- Look for the Current Template list at the top of a form.
- Choose an existing template and select Edit Current Template, or choose New Template.
- Make your changes, and select File, then Save or File.
- To save your template, select Save as.
Note: You can't edit the sample data on the template in Layout Designer.
Add form fields
You can simply add or remove fields that apply to each of your sales forms. Here’s how.
- Select Fields, then choose any of the field options.
- Select the Print box if you want the field to appear on the printed form.
- Select the Screen box if you want to see the field on your computer screen while filling out the form.
- If you need to move a field, select and drag it on the form.
- To save your changes, select the File menu and then select Save As.
Resize form columns
You can change the width of columns on a form, so it's easier to see the contents.
Hover your cursor over the column edge, and when the cursor changes to a bar with an arrow (double-pointed arrow cursor), select and drag it.
Customize your form template
Create sales forms that are professional, presentable, and speak your brand. Here’s a list of other things you can do with the Layout Designer.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac has a default envelope layout for you to choose or you can create a new layout from scratch or customize an existing template.