For the best experience... make sure your login has Company admin rights. If your company restricts user access, ask to be set up as a Standard user with limited rights to customers and vendors.
If your account has limited access, you may see:
- The message "Sorry! You don't have permission to access this information. Ask your QuickBooks Online admin to fix your permission, and then try signing in again."
- The Company Activity screen contains incomplete data (for example, no expenses when there should be some, or no data at all). You may be able to download sales transactions by swiping down on the empty area to refresh your data.
- Tapping 'Choose an Account' or 'What was it for?' on a new expense shows an empty account list or expense category list.
Here's how a Company Administrator can change privileges for other accounts:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online on the web from a Mac or PC.
- Go to Settings ⚙️, select Company, then select Manage Users.
- Choose the user whose permissions you want to change.
- Select Edit ✎.
- Choose Company admin, then select Next to conclude the mini-interview and save your changes.
Note: Time-only and Reports-only user accounts cannot sign in to QuickBooks Online on the iPad. The mobile app currently offers basic reporting functionality but no time tracking functionality.
If you sign in with a valid QuickBooks Online account but see a message that says "Using QuickBooks Windows or Mac", this account only has time tracking or reports access.