If you want to copy multiple transactions (checks/checks, deposits, etc…) from one company file to another, use the enter batch transactions feature in QuickBooks Desktop. This feature can help you save and manage your time efficiently.
To get started, follow these steps in the order shown.
- From the Accountant menu, select Batch Enter Transactions.
- From the Transaction Type drop-down, choose the transaction you need to enter. In all supported versions of QuickBooks, you have the option to enter multiple Checks, Deposits, Credit card charges or credits, Invoices, Credit memos, Bills and Bill credits
- Select the appropriate bank/credit card or AR/AP account from the drop down arrow. You can also choose Add New to set up the account.
- Open the spreadsheet containing the transactions to paste into QuickBooks.
- Arrange the columns in your spreadsheet to match the column order in the QuickBooks Batch Enter Transactions screen.
- Highlight the transactional information, right-click it and select Copy.
- In the Batch Enter Transactions screen in QuickBooks, right-click the first date field in the list and select Paste.
- The information from the spreadsheet displays in the Batch Enter Transactions screen.
- Continue adding all transactions.
- Select Save Transactions then Yes to save.
- A window displays the number of transactions saved. Select OK to finish the import.
You cannot export batch transactions but you can copy multiple transactions from one company file to another in a form that can be imported using the enter batch transactions feature.
Looking for more advanced features?
Learn more about the advanced features in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Give us a call at 888-566-4671 and see if it’s right for you.