Learn how to reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Forgot your password? No worries. In QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you can easily reset your password by following these steps.
How to reset your admin password
If you’re the administrator of your company file, here’s how to reset your password.
- From the Password field, select the lock icon. You’ll see a pop-up menu listing recovery email addresses.
- Choose an email address you have access to, then select OK.
- You’ll get an email from QuickBooks that will guide you through creating a new admin password.
How to reset a non-admin password
Only the company file admin can reset a password for non-admin users.
- Sign in to the company file as the admin.
- From the Company menu, select Users and Passwords.
- Select the user you want to change the password, then select Edit.
- Select the lock icon, then enter the new password.
- Select Save.