You may receive one of the following errors when trying to send payroll data or direct deposit paychecks.
- Payroll Service Server Error. Please try again later. If this problem persists, please contact Intuit Technical Support.
- Payroll Connection Error.
These errors can be caused by one of the following:
- Invalid security certificate.
- Sending payroll data in multi-user mode.
- A network time out prevents QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the server.
- General internet connection issues.
- Internet security and personal firewall software settings.
- Incorrect system date and time properties.
To fix these errors, try these solutions. Send payroll after each solution and see if it works. Make sure you are in single-user mode when sending payroll data.
Solution 1. Download and install the latest tax table.
Solution 2. Check your system time and date settings. If your system date and time are wrong, update them.
Solution 3. Reboot your computer.