Learn how to unlock timesheets in QuickBooks Time.
Some actions lock timesheets to prevent changes and duplication. If you need to edit or delete a locked timesheet, use the Unlock Exported Time tool.
|Important: You could end up with incorrect invoices or payroll in QuickBooks if you already used the timesheets you want to unlock. Be sure to make adjustments to anything that may have already used the timesheets you wish to edit.|
Note: If you use QuickBooks Desktop, delete the timesheets from QuickBooks Weekly Timesheets first to prevent duplication.
Step 1: Unlock time
Note: You can only unlock time up to 90 days in the past.
- In QuickBooks Time, go to the QuickBooks dropdown and select Unlock Exported Time.
- Choose a Start Date and an End Date.
- Select All employees to select which employees you want to unlock time for.
- Review the timesheets, then select Unlock Timesheets.
- In the notice that displays, select Confirm unlock.
To make edits, you need to unapprove the timesheets.
- Go to Approvals and choose the same date range and employees you chose to unlock.
- Select Unapprove for each employee.
Now, you can edit the timesheets. When you’re ready, you can approve the timesheets again. If you use QuickBooks Desktop, export time again. Don’t forget to check for any payroll, invoices, or other areas where you may have already used this time in QuickBooks.