Find out how to register and activate a one-year student trial of QuickBooks Online.
If you’re a current student at an accredited US educational institution, you can register for a student trial of QuickBooks Online. Here’s how to unlock your free license.
Register for QuickBooks Online student trial
- Go to Intuit Education Program, then select Register.
- Select Students, then fill out the registration form.
- Select Verify and Continue, then the Welcome to Intuit Education page displays
Note: If Welcome page does not display, continue to the Verification section. Otherwise, skip to Activate QuickBooks Online student trial.
If SheerID requires further documentation to register for your free trial, you need to submit any document that clearly shows your name and specific affiliation.
- Make sure your full name and affiliation displayed on the verification section are correct.
Note: Be aware of nicknames, maiden name, spaces, spelling, and special characters.
- If you need to edit, select If your name or affiliation are not correct, please click here to enter your information again.
- If your account is not yet processed after completing the requirements, you need to provide additional documents. Here's the list of acceptable documents:
- Class Schedule
- Tuition receipt
- Any official document
Note: These documents must have your Full name, Affiliation, and Date (should be within the last three months).
- Download or scan one of the required forms of verification and save the file to your computer.
Note: If your document scan is too fuzzy to read, doesn't show your full and legal name or shows a different name from the one displayed on the verification page, you will not be able to finalize the verification process.
- Do not include any confidential info on the uploaded document, such as social security numbers or banking details.
- Make sure that any sensitive info is blacked-out before you upload your document.
- Select Choose File to look for your saved file, then Submit for review.
After uploading the documents successfully, you'll receive an email with a link to download the software, as well as the license and product numbers.
If you didn't see the message, you'll need to resubmit a request for assistance through SheerID.
Activate and set up your student trial
|Important: Make sure to complete the activation and setup of your account at the same time otherwise the license will be invalid.|
- Check your email for Intuit Verification Verify@SheerID.com. This email contains the license, product number, and an activation link required to complete the process.
Note: If you didn't receive an email, contact us for help.
- Select the link in the email to open a webpage that reads "Set Up Your Account".
- Enter the License number and Product number fields.
- Select the I agree to the Terms of Service checkbox.
- Select Set up account.
- You must create a login or use an existing Intuit login. If you have an existing Intuit account, select Sign in. If you don’t, enter the information for your new Intuit account, then select Create Account.