Learn how to export your data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks for Windows.
If you want to switch from Online to Windows, there’s no need to start over. Here’s a visual guide on how you can export your data.
- Run Internet Explorer and Quickbooks for Windows as admin.
- Go to Internet Options and turn off Protected Mode in the Security tab. Then, add these to the Trusted Sites Zone:
- https://*.quickbooks.intuit.comNote: To apply changes, re-open your browser.
- In QuickBooks Online, go to Settings ⚙, then select Export Data. Give the reason why you’re exporting, then Continue.
- Under Moving to QuickBooks Desktop?, select Learn more.
- Under Download company data, select Learn more. Review the export overview, then select Get Started.
- Select Install, then Install Active x Control Now. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- After you install ActiveX, select Continue.
- Select the data you want to export, then Continue.
- Review the limitations of the data that you will export, then Continue.
- Enter your contact information, then Continue.
Note:You’ll receive an email within a few minutes to 2 hours. This means that your data is ready.
- Repeat the steps in QuickBooks Online until you reach the next step.
- Select your preferred option and Continue.
- Follow the instructions, then select Download.
- Save the file in your Desktop, then select Convert Now.
- In the Application Certificate window, select Yes, prompt each time.
- Select Continue, then Done.
- Select Finished.
To make sure that your data was transferred correctly, run the Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet report in Online and Windows. Include All Dates and set the accounting method to Accrual to compare data accurately.
Important: If you lowered your security settings, change them back to default to protect your computer from viruses when you use Internet Explorer.