Learn how to reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Forgot your password? No worries. In QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you can easily reset your password by following these steps.
How to reset your admin password (2019)
You need your QuickBooks license number to reset the administrator password. You also need the email address, phone number, ZIP code, and name you use when you purchased and registered the product. All of this information is available on the CAMPS website.
- On your QuickBooks login screen, select Forgot Password.
- Fill out all the information on the form, then select OK.
- You’ll receive a code through email. Enter the code, then select OK.
- QuickBooks will then guide you through creating a new admin password.
How to reset your admin password (2020)
If you’re the administrator of your company file, here’s how to reset your password.
- From the Password field, select the lock icon. You’ll see a pop-up menu listing recovery email addresses.
- Choose an email address you have access to, then select OK.
- You’ll get an email from QuickBooks that will guide you through creating a new admin password.
How to reset a non-admin password
Only the company file admin can reset a password for non-admin users.
- Sign in to the company file as the admin.
- From the Company menu, select Users and Passwords.
- Select the user you want to change the password, then select Edit.
- Select the lock icon, then enter the new password.
- Select Save.