Learn how to access QuickBooks Desktop remotely using an internet browser or remote desktop connection from your home or office.
QuickBooks Desktop with Hosting offers protection anytime, anywhere, and on any device accessing your data. Your team all works with the same info at the same time. No matter where they are and no matter if they use a Mac, PC, or tablet. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
Discover Intuit Hosting Powered by Right Networks
Intuit hosting makes it so you can access your company file from anywhere. Intuit uses Right Networks to power hosted versions of QuickBooks Desktop. For pricing info, check out QuickBooks Desktop With Hosting Pricing.
Hosting is another term for in the cloud. Your QuickBooks software and data is stored (hosted) on an enterprise-level web server at a secure facility. Then you can access them over a secure internet connection from anywhere or any device rather than using your local network.
We offer our hosting service through Right Networks. They are one of the leading providers of enterprise-level hosting and have IT professionals that continuously monitor the system and handle all updates and upgrades. They help protect your files and transmissions through Enterprise-class antivirus technology, firewalls, encryption and multi-layer access controls.
What are the benefits of choosing QuickBooks Desktop with Hosting over QuickBooks Desktop (local access only)?
Anywhere, anytime access to applications and data
- With your apps and data hosted, you can connect anytime from anywhere. All you need is an internet connection with a simple client program. Launch the remote access app and log in with your user ID and password. Your QuickBooks Desktop is ready to use. There's virtually nothing new to learn because the software looks and works just like it does on your PC.
- QuickBooks Desktop is hosted in top-of-the-line data centers that provide true enterprise-class scalability and reliability. This includes full-time security personnel, closed-circuit video surveillance, continuous and redundant power systems with backup generators, fully redundant network systems with multiple-backbone access, advanced network firewalls, and hazard avoidance and alert systems.
- You'll be able to access your business-critical info from computers anywhere. QuickBooks Desktop with Hosting can help keep your business in check.
Data protection and backup
- We protect your data with encrypted transmission, firewalls, multi-layer access controls, and encrypted backups. Your data is also auto scanned with enterprise-class antivirus technology. We back up your hosted data nightly and keep backups for 90 days. If you accidentally delete a file, it may be recoverable.
No server or network maintenance required
- A hosted version eliminates the need to have servers and virtual private networks (VPNs) in your office. Instead, keep your data in a protected data center, and stay focused on your business.
- With your apps in Right Networks data centers, you don’t need to install and maintain them on your own computer. All you need on your PC is a client program.
No. The Internet is the only network you need.
If you're familiar with QuickBooks Desktop, no time at all. QuickBooks Desktop with Hosting has the same look and feel. If you're new to QuickBooks, we offer multiple ways to get up-to-speed fast. We include a support site, Everything Enterprise, which includes exclusive training videos for Full Service Plan members (login and valid Full Service Membership required).
Right Networks also provides 24/7 support. If you have any questions, their experts are there to help you.
You'll need a good-quality, fast internet connection. While experiences may vary, some customers notice faster speeds and functionality after switching. If you’re increasing the number of QuickBooks Desktop users, using a hosted version will allow you to do so without losing performance.
QuickBooks Online: This is a browser based version that’s designed for early-stage businesses that don't require advanced features and functionality.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting: This is accessed through a remote access app or through Internet Explorer and offers advanced functionality for growing, small-to-mid-sized businesses. It’s designed to manage more complexity and may operate from multiple locations or facilities.
How does Microsoft Word and Excel work with QuickBooks Desktop with Hosting? How does my email work?
They work with QuickBooks Desktop and the Hosting the same way as they do with the desktop version. If you have Microsoft Word and Excel, you can export QuickBooks Desktop reports to Excel. You can export estimates, invoices and statements to Word.
You also have the option to access hosted versions of Word and Excel over the Internet. You can lease Microsoft Office directly from Right Networks for an additional fee. Your Enterprise Hosting Service will cover the hosting for those apps at no additional charge You can access them over the same connection.
For your email, you can use QuickBooks email services, configure QuickBooks to use Web mail, or add Outlook to your Right Networks account.
Your Right Networks users need to match your QuickBooks user count. For example: If your QuickBooks Desktop subscription allows for up to 5 users, you can have up to 5 hosting users.
If you need to add more QuickBooks and Right Networks users, you can contact us to add more seats to your QuickBooks license. Once you've added additional QuickBooks users, you can then add the same number of Right Networks users.
To view a full list of third party apps, visit the Right Networks Application Directory.