Learn what to do if you see font, sizing, or other display issues.
Do icons or fonts look fuzzy? Are windows blank or strangely sized?
If you have a newer high-resolution monitor, you may need to change your default settings in QuickBooks. Here are the settings we recommend to get the best results for QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Change display settings in QuickBooks
Before adjusting any Windows settings, change your display and view preferences in QuickBooks.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Type "QuickBooks" into the search. Then right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Open file location.
- In the folder, right-click the QuickBooks.exe file and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings checkbox. You can also select Change high DPI settings and then Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Select Apply and then OK.
Open QuickBooks and look for display issues. If everything looks good, you're good to go. If you still see issues, move on to Step 2.
Step 2: Adjust your view preferences in QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- Select Desktop View from the list and then the My Preferences tab.
- In the View section, select the One Window option. Then select OK.
Close and reopen QuickBooks and your company file. Check around for display issues. If you still see them, move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Change your Windows display settings
QuickBooks works best with the default Windows DPI settings. If you change these settings, you may see display issues.
Important: Keep in mind, changing your Windows settings affects all programs on your computer, not just QuickBooks.
- Follow the steps from Microsoft to reset the default display settings for Windows 10 and Windows 8.
- Set your screen resolution to at least 1024 x 768. We recommend 1920 x 1080 for the best display.
- When you're done, reset your computer.
Open QuickBooks and your company file. If you still see display issues, reach out to our team. We can help you with your display settings.