Learn how to fix error QuickBooks found a problem with the Acct # / Card # / Note field for other asset.
If you see this message when you run the Verify Data Utility, we can help you fix it.
DMEDLEditListElement.cpp (127) : CHECKPOINT: 6204: Tue Mar 19 14:24:07 Decryption error in [Record Field Name] for '[Error Displayed Name]': Failed. The decryption has failed.
Step 1: Update QuickBooks
Make sure you're on the latest release of QuickBooks. If you aren't, update QuickBooks.
Step 2: Create a backup
Before you troubleshoot, you should always back up your data. Backup your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
Solution 1: Check for a damaged Admin User
Note: Your admin user controls the encryption software. We'll have to reset the password because it's the only way to reset the encryption.
- Log in to the company file as the QuickBooks Admin. (If you're not sure which user is the admin, check your Roles Assigned. It will list it as Admin*.)
- From the Company menu:
- Pro/ Premier: Select Set up Users and Password and then Set Up Users.
- Enterprise: Select Users and then Set Up Users and Roles .
- Select the default Admin user and then Edit User. (The default user is the one with the role listed as Admin*.)
- Change the admin password to a temporary password (Example: TEMP123).
- Select Next and then Finish.
- If QuickBooks crashes while you encrypt your file, restore your backup and follow the next solution.
- If the encryption process completes, do the QuickBooks process that triggers the error. If you receive the same error, proceed to solution 2.
Solution 2: Manually edit the information
- Edit the account, customer, employee, or vendor referenced in the warning or QBWin.log.
- Delete the info in the field and make it blank (clear the field).
- If the info in the field appears correct, make note of the info and then clear the field.
- If there is no info in the field, select the field and then clear the field.
- Select OK.
- Go back and edit that same account, customer, employee, or vendor.
- Enter the correct info in the Field Name.
- Select OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each name you see in the warning message or QBWin.log file.