Learn how to install updates for Intuit Data Protect.
Occasionally we update Intuit Data Protect with improvements. Here’s how to install the updates so your backups go smoothly.
If you have automatic updates turned on, QuickBooks Desktop will download the updates for you. You can also check for updates manually at any time.
This article is for customers who use Intuit Data Protect. If you aren’t signed up yet, here’s what you should do first:
- Sign up for Intuit Data Protect, our online backup service.
- Set up Intuit Data Protect on your computer.
Step 1: Download the latest update for Intuit Data Protect
- From the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks.
- Select the Update Now tab.
- Make sure you select Data Protect from the list, then select Get Updates.
Step 2: Install the update
- Select the up arrow ^ on your desktop toolbar. It’s usually in the lower-right corner near the clock.
- Right-click the Intuit Data Protect icon and select About Intuit Data Protect. The icon looks like a green padlock.
- Select Update.
- When it’s finished, select OK.
For more about Intuit Data Protect, including how to restore your backups, see our FAQ.