Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correct or change 1099s in QuickBooks

Learn how to make corrections to 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC forms after you e-filed them.

If you filed your 1099-MISC or 1099-NEC forms through our 1099 service, you may need to correct an error or filing on your 1099.

Still in the process of creating your 1099 and amounts are wrong or vendors are missing? See Fix missing contractors or wrong amounts on 1099s.

If you've already filed, choose your product below to learn how to correct your 1099s.

Note: Not sure which payroll service you have? Here's how to find which payroll service you have.

You will need to work directly with the IRS to make a manual amendment to your 1099 forms. Use these IRS instructions to do so. Once corrected you will need to provide the corrected return to the recipient or contractor yourself.

You can correct your 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC in Tax1099. For instructions on correcting your 1099s, refer to this Tax 1099 article, Different types of 1099 corrections after forms have been submitted.

Contact us to correct your 1099-NEC forms we filed for you.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us