Know How Much Money to Set Aside for Quarterly Taxes
Easiest way to track self-employment income & expenses year ‘round, and estimate your quarterly and year-end taxes.
Made just for freelancers, contractors,
and home-based entrepreneurs.
Untangle business from personal spending in just a few clicks. Understand your take-home pay.
Easy quarterly taxes
We do the math to help you set money aside & easily pay estimated quarterly taxes. No more year-end tax surprises.
Put expense-tracking on auto-pilot. We'll categorize them into tax-saving Schedule C categories.
Quarterly taxes estimated for you
Connect accounts to see income & spending
Track expenses in one click (or swipe on the go)
Got an accountant? We've got tax-ready reports
Maximize deductions like home office and mileage
Count on security with bank-grade encryption
See if QuickBooks Self-Employed is right for you.
|Separate business from personal spending|
|Calculate quarterly taxes|
|Track mileage and Schedule C deductions|
|Track your income and expenses|
|Download transactions from your bank and credit card accounts|
|Same security and encryption as banks1|
|Access your data from a tablet or smartphone2|
|Send unlimited estimates and invoices|
|Print checks and record transactions|
|Import data from Excel3 or QuickBooks desktop4|
|Invite up to two accountants to access your data5|
|Integrate with available applications6|
|Number of people who can access QuickBooks||1||1|
|Number of built-in business reports||3||20+|
|Pay W-2 employees and file payroll‡|
|Accept online and mobile payments‡|
We made it easy for freelancers, contractors, and home-based entrepreneurs to organize tax-saving deductions all year round. You'll thank yourself at tax time.
See what customers say
"The UI/UX is awesome and it gives you the info you need in a way that is simple to understand. The app is outstanding as well!"
"Great service, I love it."
"QuickBooks is easy to use. Personally, it has simplified my life and taken the worry out of estimating my taxes."
"There is no headache, only a responsibility driven collaboration to help with my taxes!"
"It's very easy to use. When I had a question for Support, the response was immediate and incredibly helpful."
"It's easy to use. It shows the results as soon as you make an entry and the interface is great. Plus it gives you reminders."
Frequently asked questions
Not interested in switching to QuickBooks Online? Shop our desktop products.
I heard you don’t do invoicing, but what if I need that?
We’re working on it! In the meantime, if you send fewer than 10 invoices a month, you can use any number of free invoicing sites. If you have a high volume of invoices, and you need to send your estimates and invoices from within QuickBooks, check out Simple Start.
Can you help me track sales from Etsy or Shopify?
Well, the answer to this one is a little 'yes' and a little 'no.' We can track the income from your sales when those payments reach your bank. We can help make sure you pay your self-employment and federal income tax on those earnings as quarterly estimated tax payments. But we currently don't support sales tax, or any state-level tax, and we don't connect directly with those sites.
Can I use this product without connecting my bank?
You could, but why put yourself through that kind of pain? Millions of people securely connect their banks and credit cards using Intuit products. It saves a ton of time and hassle, helps you track all of your income and spending from all your banks in one place, and improves accuracy immensely over typing by hand. If one of your banks or credit cards is not supported, you can import transactions using our system.
Can I transfer my data from another QuickBooks account?
Nope, sorry. There are other versions of QuickBooks that let you transfer data, but QuickBooks Self-Employed does not.
I'm looking for QuickBooks Desktop. Where can I find your desktop products?
Shop here, my friend! Though, if you’re self-employed and have an Internet connection, you should really go with us!
Have a different question? See the rest of our FAQs.
20% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Self-Employed for the first six (6) months of service starting from date of enrollment, followed by the then-current fee for the service. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. Offer not applicable with free trial. You must select the Buy Now option. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Self-Employed customers only. Promotional period starts January 5, 2014 and is available for a limited time only. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. QuickBooks Online Payroll is not available with QuickBooks Self-Employed.
Trial use of QuickBooks Self-Employed is free starting from the date of signup until you decide to subscribe, or a maximum of 30 days, whichever comes first. When you subscribe, or at the end of 30 days, you’ll be asked to present a valid credit card for authorization, and you'll be charged the then-current fee for the service you've selected. Offers are valid for new QuickBooks Self-Employed subscriptions only and are available for a limited time. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Self-Employed offers. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.
‡ Additional charges apply.
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is the same encryption technology used by some of the world's top banking institutions to secure data that is sent over the Internet.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile and QuickBooks Self-Employed mobile companion apps work with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration requires Word and Excel 2003, 2007 or 2010.
- Data can be imported to QuickBooks Online Simple Start from the following QuickBooks desktop versions: Pro 2008 or later, Premier 2008 or later, Mac 2013 or later. Earlier versions: Basic 99-2005, Simple Start Edition, Pro & Premier 99-2007 can be imported using a downloadable tool. Import from QuickBooks desktop must be completed within the first 60 days of setting up your new QuickBooks Online Simple Start account.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Each application may have its own terms and fees.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice