Learn more about QuickBooks Advanced Reporting in QuickBooks Enterprise.
You can customize your reports with QuickBooks Advanced Reporting to have insights that can help you manage your business. Here are the frequently asked questions about the feature.
What is QuickBooks Advanced Reporting?
QuickBooks Advanced Reporting is a feature that lets you create customized reports. You can use your QuickBooks data to build your own report based on your specific needs. This lets you see how you’re doing with your business.
How can I customize a report?
With QuickBooks Advanced Reporting, you can customize all aspects of your reports. Here are some tips:
- You can use the starter reports that resemble existing reports in QuickBooks.
- The Library has common customization tools like table, chart, text & utility, etc.
- In the Library, you can select any list box to add to your report. This helps filter the information you’ll use.
- Right-click on any object you want to customize, then select Properties. This gives you the information you need in the right format.
Why does QuickBooks Advanced Reporting ask me to update my data every time I open it?
This ensures that your reports use your up-to-date QuickBooks company file. It can take a few seconds or a few hours depending on the size of your company file and the speed of your computer.
How can I sign up for QuickBooks Advanced Reporting?
I have issues setting up QuickBooks Advanced Reporting, can you help?
How do I find the right data to use on reports in QuickBooks Advanced Reporting?
There's plenty of information you can use to make reports, so finding it can be a bit of a challenge. Here are some tips for finding the right data to use on your reports:
- On any report, right-click and select Properties. This adds new columns or data to a report.
- Select the Dimensions tab if you want to group and subtotal your data to a report.
- Select the Expressions tab to add a column to a report.
- When you add a new expression or dimension, you'll see options for Tables and Fields. Tables help you narrow what you see if you know what type of field you want.
- Match the correct information on the table or column you want to see in your report. If you want to see Transactions, then select the Transactions table.
Find out more about how to use the right data on our QBAR training guide.
What is QlikView®?
We partnered with QlikView, a business intelligence tool, to build QuickBooks Advanced Reporting. Learn more about how QlikView works.
Where can I get the QlikView resources?
You can view useful resources like videos, PDF guides, and community posts on the QlikView resource page.
Where can I get training on QuickBooks Advanced Reporting?
We created training videos that can help you start with QuickBooks Advanced Reporting and starter reports that can guide you through the process. For additional resources, here’s the user guide and data dictionary.
Will Intuit Support help me create custom reports?
We make sure that the info you need to create reports is available for you. We can provide you resources like the members of our Intuit Resellers Program (IRP). They can help you with QlikView or Accounting Principles and Expressions with a fee.
To find a member:
- Enter your City, State, or ZIP code.
- To filter results, select More search options
- Under Specialized Services, select the QuickBooks Advanced Reporting checkbox.