Learn how to fix unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks Desktop.
You may receive an unrecoverable error while opening or working in your QuickBooks Desktop. The most common reasons why you get an unrecoverable error are:
- Missing Windows or QuickBooks updates
- Damage to your data
- Computer issues
- Program code needs repairing
Here’s a quicklist of unrecoverable error scenarios with links on how to fix them.
- Unrecoverable error when performing a bank reconciliation or viewing previous reconciliation reports
- Resolve data damage on your company file
- Unrecoverable error when importing Accountant's Changes
- Unrecoverable error when writing checks with QuickBooks Online Bill Pay
Important: QuickBooks Online Bill Pay has been discontinued as of 12/2/19. If you use this service and receive an unrecoverable error when you access write checks, make sure to disconnect QuickBooks Online Bill Pay before continuing.