Learn what to do if you see Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.
Sometimes, when you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you might see one of these error messages:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Note: If you use WebConnect with QuickBooks Enterprise on Rightworks, you’ll see this error if you open the file before you save it. You must first save the file before you import the .QBO file.
Solution 1: Run the 3371 Error Fix from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. You'll need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub. For the best experience, we recommend you use Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version (22.214.171.124) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop). Note: If you've installed Tool Hub before, you can find out which version you have. Select the Home tab. The version will be on the bottom.
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Note: If you can't find the icon, do a search in Windows for QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the program.
Step 2: From the Tool Hub, run the 3371 Error Fix
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Installation Issues.
- Select 3371 Error Fix.
- Select OK.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop. If you still see the error after you reinstall, you’ll need to work with a qualified IT professional or contact Microsoft. There may be damage to your Windows Operating System.