Learn what to do if you see “Error Processing Invoice - User is not a member of the specified Realm” when attempting to save an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020.
If you see this error while trying to save an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020, it’s usually caused by having multiple Payments accounts that are used with multiple Intuit products. To fix it, we’ll show you how to refresh the QuickBooks eInvoicing keychain in macOS.
Step 1: Create a back up file
Before you get started, make sure to create a back up file.
- Select File, then select Back Up.
Step 2: Disconnect your Payments service from the company file
- From QuickBooks, select Preferences then select Merchant Service.
- Select Disconnect, then close QuickBooks.
Step 3: Remove the QuickBooks invoice keychain
- Select Finder then select Go.
- Select Utilities, then Keychain Access.
Note: you can also use the Spotlight tool to locate and open the Keychain.
- Select All Items.
- Enter "QuickBooks_eInvoicing" in the search box.
- Look for a keychain entry that looks like this: QuickBooks_eInvoicing_577604244511786429_F51354FE-674B-440A-8C99-4E21CED2A8D7
- Select that entry, then select Edit and Delete.
Step 4: Create a new QuickBooks invoice keychain
- Open QuickBooks and create an invoice that uses e-Invoice.
- We'll prompt you to sign in to your payments account.
Sign in to create a new keychain.
Step 5: Complete the invoice
Select Accept Credit Card, then Save to make sure it works.