Find out how to remove or update QuickBooks Payments in QuickBooks Desktop for the Mac keychain.
The keychain is a macOS app that secures your password and account info. QuickBooks Desktop for Mac uses the payments keychain to keep your payments account signed in.
If you don’t need QuickBooks Payments, here's how you can remove it.
You can also update the keychain to solve e-invoice or e-payment issues. Remove and reconnect QuickBooks Payments to update your keychain.
Step 1: Remove the QuickBooks invoice keychain
- Quit QuickBooks.
- Select Finder then select Go.
- Select Utilities, then Keychain Access.
- Select All Items.
- Enter QuickBooks_eInvoicing in search.
- Look for your payments e-invoice keychain. You might see multiple keychains but only work with your e-invoice one that looks like QuickBooks_eInvoicing_577604244511786429_F51354FE-674B-440A-8C99-4E21CED2A8D7.
- Select the entry, then select Edit and Delete.
- Restart your computer.
If you need to reconnect QuickBooks Payments to update the keychain, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Reconnect your payments account to update
- Open QuickBooks and create an invoice that uses e-invoice.
- We'll prompt you to sign in to your payments account.
Sign in to create a new keychain.
Your Mac keychain is now up to date.