Learn how to view the status of your employees’ direct deposit paychecks in QuickBooks Payroll.
Wondering if you sent payroll on time? Be confident your employees will get paid on payday. Check the different direct deposit (DD) payroll statuses to find out where it’s at in the process.
Direct deposit payroll status
- Sent to Intuit. We received your payroll and we're processing it.
- Sent to Bank. We’ve sent the debit request to your bank account.
- Payroll processed. We debited your account and sent the payroll to your employees' banks.
Direct deposit payroll status errors
Debit request rejected or declined. This can happen for a few reasons.
- Insufficient funds
- The account is closed
- Invalid account number
- Unable to locate account
Note: If you get a payroll status error, the primary principal on the account will receive an email with the next steps. For insufficient funds, we'll try to redebit the money 24 hours after the first attempt. Make sure to add funds to your account and wait for us to try again.
Check your employee’s direct deposit status
- Go to Employees, select View Payroll Run Status.
- In the Recent payrolls section, select a payroll.
- Select the View Payroll Run Status ▼dropdown, then Selected payroll. You'll see the status of the paycheck in the Payroll status window.