Learn what to do if you use Express Install, but can’t find or open QuickBooks Desktop 2022.
Our Product Development team is aware of an issue with the QuickBooks Express Install method. The Desktop app doesn’t install, but a Server Only component does.
We’re working quickly to resolve this issue. In the meantime, if you can’t find or open QuickBooks Desktop 2022 after installation, here’s what to do:
Step 1: Look for QuickBooks Server 2022 on your computer
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Type "Control Panel" into the search and open Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- From the Uninstall or change a program list, search for QuickBooks Server 2022.
If you find it, but don’t see QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise 2022 on the list, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Server
- From the Uninstall or change a program list, select QuickBooks Server 2022.
- Select Uninstall/Change and then Next.
- Select Remove to uninstall QuickBooks Server 2022.
Step 3: Run the downloaded QuickBooks Desktop 2022 install again
- From the install wizard, select Custom and Network options when prompted instead of Express. Select Next.
- Select one of these options:
- I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer.
- I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer, AND I’ll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network.
- When you’re ready, select Next to complete the installation.