Learn about the accessibility features and screen reader support in QuickBooks Desktop.
We want to make QuickBooks more accessible for you to manage your business efficiently. Check out the accessibility features and display reader support that makes QuickBooks easier for you.
QuickBooks Desktop is an accessible financial management solution. It provides lots of accessibility features:
- Support for high contrast settings
- Keyboard accessibility - This includes QuickBooks Desktop keyboard shortcuts for common tasks.
- Simplified visual design for readability
- Script for third-party assistive software (JAWS)
- Documentation and virtual training for the visually impaired (My Blind Spot)
The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) QuickBooks 2021 Pro, Premier, and Enterprise describes how QuickBooks Desktop accessibility features meet federal Section 508 Standards.
JAWS Screen-Reader Software
You can get JAWS scripts from My Blind Spot. It also features QuickBooks tutorials and virtual lessons for display reader users.
For JAWS users, QuickBooks 2021 provides better access which includes:
- Quick announcement of windows and fields when you access them
- Clear window titles with the right workflow context
- Convert accessible links into buttons on the keyboard
Aira assistance for QuickBooks
Intuit is partnering with Aira to help QuickBooks users that are blind or have low vision. Aira is a service that provides visual interpreters via your phone and computer. Aira agents can use your phone’s camera to read documents, explain screens, and use remote access to help with the QuickBooks interface. Aira agents aren't QuickBooks or financial experts. Get more info about QuickBooks and Aira.
If you have issues when you access QuickBooks or the website, contact us at 1-800-446-8848. If you want to share feedback about our products or website accessibility, you can also email us at email@example.com.