Learn how to switch to a different version of QuickBooks Desktop without reinstalling.
After you get started with QuickBooks Desktop, you may find you need a different version to match your business needs. Using the license manager, you’ll be able to upgrade or downgrade to a different version or add multi-user seats.
Based on your current version, here’s the options you can choose.
- Pro: You can switch to Pro Plus or Premier Plus.
- Pro Plus: You can switch to Pro, Premier, or Premier Plus.
- Premier: You can switch to Pro Plus or Premier Plus.
- Premier Plus: You can switch to Pro, Pro Plus, or Premier.
Note: This is only if you’re using the same version year. If you need to switch to a different year, here’s how to change a QuickBooks Desktop license number or product code.
How to use the QuickBooks License Manager to upgrade or add multi-user seats
Once you’ve purchased a new version of QuickBooks Desktop, here’s what to do.
- Go to the Help menu, then Manage My License and select Switch to then choose the version.
- Enter your new license number and product number, then select OK to start the conversion.
When the conversion is done, QuickBooks will automatically restart and you can start using your new version.
If you can’t find your license and product number, check out the License Locator.