Learn how to enter a weekly timesheet in your QuickBooks Online.
With weekly timesheets you can enter the total number of hours worked by your employee or vendor for the week. If you need to enter a single timesheet, get more help here.
What you should do?
- Go to the Create ⨁ icon.
- Under Employees, select Weekly Timesheet.
- From the Name ▼ drop-down , choose the name of the employee or vendor.
- From the date ▼ drop-down, select the week which you want to record activities.
- Complete the rest of the fields. Note: The days may need to be enabled or disabled by selecting the small Gear ⚙ icon, then checking or unchecking the days.
- Customer - Select the customer you want to bill the activity to, or track expenses.
- Service - Select the service that represents the activity.
- Billable - Mark the checkbox and enter the rate, if you want to bill the activity to the customer.
- Location & Class - Select the Class and Location accordingly. You can follow this guide to enable this feature if the fields are not showing.
- Description - Enter a description of the activity. Note: The Description appears on their invoice when billed to a customer, depending on your company settings. Text for the description appears automatically if you select an item from the optional Service field.
- Time Field - Enter the number of hours and minutes your employee/vendor worked on this activity.
- Select Save.