Note: Only account administrators, managers, and team members with the Manage My Timesheets permission can run a project report.
This report, commonly used to aid in job costing, displays the total hours tracked against each job or customer and which team members worked on each one.
Run a project report
- Go to Reports > Project Report.
- Select your filters, and select Run Report.
- Note: Filters can be added after running the report by clicking on a slice of the pie chart to drill the information down. Remove the filter(s) by clicking Clear All Filters at the top of the report or clicking x next to an individual filter.
Team Member Filters
- The report defaults to include all team members.
- To select one team member, enter their name in the Team Member box, or select all team members, select from the list, and select OK.
- If you enter a name in the Team Member box, anyone selected in Groups/Team members will be ignored.
Job or Customer Filters
- The report defaults to include all job codes or customers.
- To select individual or multiple job codes or customers:
- Select all jobs or all customers.
- In the Select Jobs or Select Customers window, select one of the following lists under Show, make your individual selections from the list, and select OK.
- Assigned to [name] (you): Only displays jobs or customers that have been assigned to you.
- Active Jobs: Displays active jobs or customers, whether or not they have been assigned to any team member (not deleted). Only administrators and managers see this option.
- Active and deleted: Displays all jobs or customers regardless of their status: archived (deleted) or active, assigned or unassigned.
Custom Field Filters
In the Project Reporting window, if any custom fields (billable, service items, class, etc.) are displayed, select the item(s) to be included in the report. In each subcategory, if no item(s) are selected, the report will include all of them. For example, under Billable: No/Yes, if neither is selected, both billable and nonbillable time will be included in the report.
Viewing Timesheets and Printing the Report
- Select View Timesheets to see the timesheets associated with the data presented in the pie charts.
- Optional: Apply or remove filters as needed, to view other timesheets.
- Note: Selecting "Open as PDF" in this view will not honor the filters applied to the report.
- Select Download Timesheets (.csv) to get a spreadsheet of the timesheets associated with the report data.
- Optional: Print the spreadsheet from within the selected application.
Print the Project Report
- Select Print Report to preview a print-friendly page of the Project Report.
- Right-click in this view to print see the print option. Note: This prints what your current report view looks like with the applied filters.