Learn how to resolve an error when updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll.
While updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll, you may receive an error that starts with the number 15. We show you how to resolve many 15xxx errors and how to install a digital signature.
Fix 15xxx error
If you get Error 15103, 15104m, 15105m, 15106, 15107, 15223, 15240, or 15271, try these steps. Make sure to close QuickBooks before you start.
- Run Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Go to the Program Problems tab, then select Quick Fix my Program.
- Once it’s done, reopen QuickBooks and your company file.
- Download and install the update.
- If you still can’t install the update, delete it from your QuickBooks folder.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks XX\Components.
Note: XX is your QuickBooks Desktop version. For example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB19.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop. Go to the Help menu, then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab, then select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Select Get Updates. When the download is complete, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Help menu, then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Overview tab, then select Update Now.
If you still get an error, try the following:
- Verify and troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer settings.
- Configure firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
Here are some additional steps you can follow for specific errors:
Install a digital signature certificate
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe, then select Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab and make sure Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- Select Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details window, select View Certificate.
- In the Certificate window, select Install Certificate.
- Select Next until Finish is displayed. Then, select Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, then redownload the update.
Download the updates in Safe Mode
- Open your computer in Safe Mode.
- Redownload the update.
- If successful, restart your computer in Normal Mode. Then, redownload the update.