Learn how to resolve an error when updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll.
While updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll, you may receive an error that starts with the number 15. We show you how to resolve many 15xxx errors and how to install a digital signature.
Fix 15xxx error
If you get an Error 15103, 15104m, 15105m, 15106, 15107, 15223, 15240, or 15271 try the following.
- Run Reboot.bat.
- Restart your computer. Then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you are prompted to install an update, select Install Now.
- If you are still unable to install the update, delete and download the update again.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks < versionXX> \Components. (Note: xx is the version number of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB19.)
- Open QuickBooks Desktop. Then go to the Help menu, then Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab. Then mark the Reset the updates checkbox.
- Select Get Updates to redownload the updates.
- When the download is complete, close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service window, select Install Now.
If the error persists, follow try the following:
- Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer settings.
- Configure Firewall and Internet security+ settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Install/uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
Additional resolutions for these errors.
Install a digital signature certificate
Here's how to install a digital signature certificate.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Right-click on QBW32.exe. Then select Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab. And make sure Intuit is selected in the signature list.
- Select Details.
- In the Digital Signature Details window, select View Certificate.
- In the Certificate window, select Install Certificate.
- Select Next until Finish is displayed. Then select Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks, then re-download the update.
Download the updates in Safe Mode
Download the updates in Safe Mode.
- Open your computer in Safe Mode.
- Re-download the update.
- If successful, restart your computer in Normal Mode. Then re-download the update.