QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Do more, faster.
Current QuickBooks POS customer? Learn about EMV: the new Europay, MasterCard, and Visa standard that helps make your data more secure.
Features to help you think on your feet.
Go for total business management
Your one-stop system to ring sales, accept credit cards, manage vendors and inventory, and build customer relationships.
Count on it to get more done
10x faster startup times than previous version and new multi tasking capabilities allow you to toggle between tasks1.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is EMV ready and designed to support the most updated payment technology for greater data security2.
Integrates with QuickBooks Desktop3
Save time by having your data automatically sync with QuickBooks Desktop. Auto payment reconciliation is now available too. No more double entries.
See how it works.
Choose a plan to fit your needs.
Call today (877) 282-0782 for financing options and to purchase a plan.
Run your entire business with QuickBooks.
Quickly do your invoicing, bookkeeping, and billing all in one place. Easily track sales, expenses and be ready for tax time. Learn more
Faster payments happen in QuickBooks.
Faster payments happen in QuickBooks. Accept credit cards in your QuickBooks POS system. Rates as low as 1%. Learn more
The hardware and supplies you need.
Combine QuickBooks Point of Sale software with these guaranteed-compatible hardware5 to turn any PC into a complete retail management system.
As an apparel retailer with a service business in-store plus web operations Intuit brings to the table ease of use with amazing features that include full back-office inventory and purchasing support with no double entry. I started as with 1 small boutique, now a multi-store operation. For over a decade QBPOS Desktop has been meeting brick & mortar demands and the new Version 12 is meeting our needs as an Omnichannel retailer. Everything is connected, our in-store barbershop, shipping & receiving departments, a remote store in Seattle, and even our Special Event sales. We have even linked our two BigCommerce web sites directly to our inventory. (www.apothecary4men.com) Few systems are this integrated, right down to the merchants’ services. They offer a fair single rate for all brands of cards including American Express, plus gift cards. CRM is there too, QBPOS supports my 25,000+ customers with built-in sales history going back over 10 years plus rewards and links to our email system Constant Contact allowing us to email receipts. If you are exploring a new POS, Intuit QBPOS Desktop needs to make your short list. Why desktop… It’s critical if you want to connect your Brick and Mortar and your web store(s) plus Amazon, eBay or a Drop Ship supplier, it’s critical in an Omnichannel future.
I reluctantly put off buying a POS system until I had to. That time finally came and, so far, I can say the Quick Books has been an easy transition to move into a more technologically advanced way of doing business. The reports are easy to create and read. It very easy to incorporate your data with your email server to keep clients updated on store events, new arrivals, and online activity. Wish I hadn't waited so long.
I have used QBPOS for the last 5 years. I am happy with my choice. Its user friendly and that was a high priority in my complicated life. Running a business, family, and full time job requires me to have a simple system with the capabilities of major reports and retail functions. QBPOS does it all!
Frequently asked questions
Why QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
Q: What’s new in QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: New features include:
- Faster Performance: 10x faster startup times and significantly faster workflows such as accessing items and customer lists or looking up item history.
- Time-Saving New Features: Multi-tasking capabilities, keyboard shortcuts and sorting within key workflows such as ringing up a sale, receiving items, or returning items.
- Auto Payment Reconciliation: Auto payment reconcilation is now available with QuickBooks Desktop 2015.
- EMV Ready: EMV ready and designed to support the most updated payment technology for greater data security2.
Q: How do I process credit cards?
A: You can use Point of Sale to process credit card payments quickly and easily without a separate credit card terminal, all you need is a QuickBooks Point of Sale Payments Account4. You can easily record and authorize secure transactions right from your Point of Sale software, or iPhone and Tablet. Your transactions are automatically recorded right in Point of Sale, no more going back and forth to a separate terminal, no more double data entry and you’ll reduce errors.
Where can I buy?
Q: Where can I buy QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: You can buy QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 by 1) Purchasing on our website at quickbooks.intuit.com/point-of-sale, 2) contacting our sales agents at (877) 282-0782, or 3) working with a local certified Intuit Reseller. Click here to find a Reseller near you.
Q: Can I try before I buy it?
A: Yes! Simply download the Point of Sale Free version and accept the free 30 day trial now. If you decide to purchase within the 30 day trial period, simply call us to "unlock" your free version to the Pro version (additional fee required). You'll be able to continue using the same installation without having to download, install or set up anything again!
How do I setup and get customer support?
Q: How do I setup and install QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0?
A: QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 software has many tools to help you get up and running smoothly, including:
- Quick Start Guide included with your software.
- Ongoing technical support plans.
- Certified QuickBooks Point of Sale ProAdvisors may also be available to help you get the most out of your product. Visit www.findaproadvisor.com.
- Connect with other Point of Sale users and experts to ask questions and share advice. Go to the User Community.
- Local Certified Intuit Resellers - Your local retail business and technology experts can help you with any retail technology questions, and are just a few clicks away. Learn more.
Q: What are the system requirements?
- At least 4 GB of RAM for a single workstation installation.
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files).
- Single user: 2.4 GHz processor (2.8 GHz recommended).
- Multiple users: 2.8 GHz processor (3.5 GHz recommended).
- Optimized for 1024x768 screen resolution.
- Windows Server 2003.
- Windows Vista, all editions (SP2 or later strongly recommended).
- Windows Server 2008 (SP1 or later strongly recommended).
- Windows 7.
- Windows 8.
- Windows 8.1.
- Windows 10.
Data import/export and Microsoft Office integration requires:
- Microsoft® Excel 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013.
- Microsoft® Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013.
- Multi-core processor and 8 GB of RAM are recommended for better performance on the Point of Sale server workstation.
- In a multi-user configuration, each workstation concurrently running Point of Sale must have a seperately purchased user license, and every copy of Point of Sale must be the same version and level.6
QuickBooks Financial Software integration requires:
- Intuit QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2013–2015.
- Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Versions 13.0, 14.0 and 2015.
QuickBooks Payment Account: (sold separately)
- Optional fee-based service, additional terms and conditions apply.
- Requires a QuickBooks Payments account through Intuit Payment Solutions. Application approval and fees apply.
- PIN pad required for debit transactions, sold separately.
- Internet connection required.
Products have been tested with the following software:
- McAfee Internet Security Suite.
- Symantec Norton® Internet Security Suite.
- Zone Labs' Zone Alarm Pro.
- Trend Micro.
Note: Some configurations may require that you adjust settings in firewall and anti-virus products to ensure the best possible performance with Point of Sale.
System Configuration Notes:
- Disk space requirements do not include company data files. If your company data file is very large or includes item pictures you may need more disk space.
- In order to run several applications simultaneously, your system should have a mult-core processor and at least 4GB of RAM. Point of sale will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running Windows. However, not all hardware devices will install and operate on 64-bit operating systems. We recommend that you contact the device manufacturers for more information about installing their hardware devices on 64-bit operating systems.
Q: Who do I call for customer support?
A: If you need further customer support, please call our Customer Care center at 1-877-223-4713. We are open during these times: 4 AM-8PM (PST) Mon-Fri, 7AM-4PM (PST) Sat-Sun.
- 10x faster startup time based on testing against QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 R1 release. Faster workflows based on testing against QuickBooks POS 2013 R12 release for: loading customer lists, loading inventory item lists, looking up specific inventory items, and looking up specific customers.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 software is EMV ready. Full EMV Compliance requires QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 Software, a QuickBooks Payments account, and an EMV ready Ingenico iPP 350 PIN Pad (sold separately). QuickBooks Payments accounts are subject to credit and application approval. See the Merchant Agreement for complete terms and conditions, including additional pricing information. To apply, you must be eligible under our Acceptable Use Policy.Terms, conditions, prices, payment, features and services are subject to change.
- QuickBooks POS Desktop 12.0 integrates with QuickBooks Pro/Premier (2013-2015) and QuickBooks Enterprise (13.0, 14.0, 2015). Sold separately. Auto payment reconciliation works with Quickbooks Pro, Pro Plus, Premier, Premier Plus, or Enterprise 2015. User must have QuickBooks Point of Sale software, Quickbooks Desktop 2015(see versions above), and a POS Merchant Service account in order to use auto payment reconciliation.
- POS Payments PIN Debit rates are 1%, Swiped card rates are 2.3% and Keyed card rates are 3.2% There is a $0.25 fee per transaction. Please call an agent at (800) 450-8129 for more details on card rates. Internet access required to process all transactions and PIN Pad hardware is required to accept PIN debit transactions, sold separately. Terms and conditions, features, support, pricing and service options subject to change without notice.
- QuickBooks-Approved retail hardware comes with a one (1) year Hardware Component Manufacturers Limited Warranty, an Intuit Limited Warranty of Inter-operability and a sixty (60) Day Money Back Satisfaction Limited Warranty. Click here for the full warranty. Due to hardware upgrades, actual components may differ slightly in appearance.
- Applicable to the Server Workstation when multiple networked computers concurrently run Point of Sale.
Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service, and support options are subject to change without notice.
NOTE: The QuickBooks Point of Sale Desktop 12.0 service timeframe is through May 2018 and updates will be provided when and if available.