#1 Online Accounting Software
QuickBooks Online is used globally by over 1 million paying customers
Stay in sync with your bank2
Automatically download, categorize, and reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
Track your expenses
Record expenses for tax time, You can even photograph and save receipts with your phone.
Send professional invoices
Easily create custom invoices with your company branding and the fields you need
Access on Multiple Devices1
Access your data anywhere, anytime, from your iPhone, iPad, Android device or browser.
Work together wherever
Securely collaborate with your team or accountant online3. Files sync to allow simultaneous use.
Know the state of your business
See your Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and dozens of other reports in one click.
Connect your Apps4
Sync, link, and import data from apps you already use like Paypal, American Express, and Square.
Multiple User Access5
Grant access to up to 5 users and set permission levels for each individual.
Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Online
Have Employees? Save 50% off QuickBooks Online with Payroll
See how QuickBooks Online works
There's a lot to look at on QuickBooks. But, when it comes right down to it, you can find everything you need in three spots. Learn how to get comfortable with the interface.
Learn how to record your sales and run sales reports. From weekly timesheets to bank deposits organizing your income has never been so manageable.
Learn how to manage your expenses. You can record your bills, purchases, and expenses in QuickBooks.
Using the Desktop Version of Quickbooks?
Here's how you can switch to QuickBooks Online
1. Create an account
Sign up for a QuickBooks Online account. Try entering a transaction or a customer to see what you think.
2. Prepare your company file
We suggest reconciling your bank and credit card statements before you switch. And, if you have payroll, it's best to switch after quarterly payroll taxes.
3. Export your company file
Find the company menu in QuickBooks Pro and export a copy of your file to QuickBooks online.
- Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), Chromebooks
- Internet connection required (high-speed connection recommended)
- Supported browsers: Chrome 41 or later, Firefox 36 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or later, Safari 6.2 or later.
- Also accessible via mobile browsers: Android, Chrome (Android and iOS) and Safari.
- QuickBooks Online mobile app is available on iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps.
- QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost.
- Data access is subject to mobile provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond our control.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the QuickBooks Online subscription?
QuickBooks Online includes: Full use of the features of the particular version of QuickBooks Online, automatic upgrades to your selected version at no extra cost, secure storage of your data, and product support1 at no extra cost. You can add optional features at any time for an additional monthly fee.
Is there a QuickBooks Online demo that I can see?
Yes! You can test drive our QuickBooks Online demo here.
Does QuickBooks Online back up my data?
Yes. In addition to always maintaining two copies of your data, we automatically back up your updated data every day. It's stored on firewall protected, redundant servers so your data is safe from hardware and software failures, hackers and viruses. Because we update your records with every change, we cannot restore your file to a previous point in time.
How safe is it to send my data over the Internet?
QuickBooks Online uses the same technology used by online banks and brokerages to transmit your private data over the Internet. Our parent company, Intuit, Inc., trusts the same system to submit millions of TurboTax returns every year.
I'm looking for QuickBooks Desktop. Where can I find your desktop products?
You can find all of our QuickBooks Desktop products here.
I’m a self-employed freelancer. Which QuickBooks is right for me?
Simplify your self-employment taxes and finances with QuickBooks Self-Employed. Designed for freelancers, independent contractors, and 1099 workers, QuickBooks Self-Employed estimates your quarterly taxes, shows you your take-home pay, and helps you maximize tax-saving deductions all year round.
Have a different question? See the rest of our FAQs.
*20% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online Simple Start for the first 12 months of service, 30% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online Essentials for the first 6 months of service, 40% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Online Plus for the first 6 months of service, 50% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Simple Start with Payroll for the first 6 months of service, 50% off QuickBooks Online Essentials with Payroll for the first 12 months of service, 50% off QuickBooks Online Plus with Payroll for the first 12 months of service, starting from date of enrollment, followed by the then current monthly price. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. Each employee you pay is an additional $1.50/month for Enhanced Payroll and $2.00/month for Full Service Payroll. Pay up to 150 employees. If you file taxes in more than one state, each additional state is $12.00/month. The 50% discount does not apply to additional employees and state tax filing fees. After the discount period, you will be automatically charged at the then-current fee for the service(s) you've selected, unless you cancel. If you add or remove services, your service fees will be adjusted accordingly. Sales tax may be applied where applicable. A valid credit card is required to continue using QuickBooks Online Payroll. QuickBooks Online Payroll is not available with QuickBooks Self-Employed. This offer can't be combined with any other QuickBooks or Payroll offers. You must select the Buy Now option. Offer not applicable with free trial. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Online customers only, during the promotional period. Promotional period starts March 9, 2015 and is available for a limited time only. You can place orders weekdays by phone by calling 800-286-6800 between 6:00 AM PST through 6:00 PM PST. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. To cancel your subscription, call 866-272-8734 x111. 20% off the monthly price for QuickBooks Self-Employed for the first twelve (12) months of service starting from date of enrollment, followed by the then-current fee for the service. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. Offer not applicable with free trial. You must select the Buy Now option. Offer valid for new QuickBooks Self-Employed customers only. Promotional period starts March 9, 2015 and is available for a limited time only. No limit on the number of subscriptions ordered. QuickBooks Online Payroll is not available with QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Each application may have its own terms and fees.
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start includes 1 user license. QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses