#1 Online Accounting Software
QuickBooks Online is used globally by over 1 million paying customers
Easily get stuff done with QuickBooks
Track your expenses
Record expenses for tax time, You can even photograph and save receipts with your phone.
Automatically download, categorize, and reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
Send an invoice
Easily create custom invoices with your company branding and the fields you need
Email invoices and accept online and mobile payments. Additional fees apply.2. Files sync to allow simultaneous use.
See your Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, and dozens of other reports in one click.
Have an expert run payroll for you. Additional fees apply.3
Work with your accountant
Securely collaborate with your team or accountant online3. Files sync to allow simultaneous use.
Access for up to 5 users
Your data stays up to date even when multiple users make updates in QuickBooks.5
Connect to your apps
Sync data from popular apps like PayPal, Square, and others into QuickBooks.
Access data from multiple devices
Access your data anywhere, anytime, from your iPhone, iPad, Android device or browser.1
Manage and pay bills
Record and pay bills from vendors. You can also schedule recurring payments.4.
If you have an issue, US-based support is available to help 6am-6pm PST, Mon-Fri.5
Save up to 50% off QuickBooks Online
Have Employees? Save 50% off QuickBooks Online with Payroll
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the QuickBooks Online subscription?
QuickBooks Online includes: Full use of the features of the particular version of QuickBooks Online, automatic upgrades to your selected version at no extra cost, secure storage of your data, and product support1 at no extra cost. You can add optional features at any time for an additional monthly fee.
Is there a QuickBooks Online demo that I can see?
Yes! You can test drive our QuickBooks Online demo here.
Does QuickBooks Online back up my data?
Yes. In addition to always maintaining two copies of your data, we automatically back up your updated data every day. It's stored on firewall protected, redundant servers so your data is safe from hardware and software failures, hackers and viruses. Because we update your records with every change, we cannot restore your file to a previous point in time.
How safe is it to send my data over the Internet?
QuickBooks Online uses the same technology used by online banks and brokerages to transmit your private data over the Internet. Our parent company, Intuit, Inc., trusts the same system to submit millions of TurboTax returns every year.
I'm looking for QuickBooks Desktop. Where can I find your desktop products?
You can find all of our QuickBooks Desktop products here.
I’m a self-employed freelancer. Which QuickBooks is right for me?
Simplify your self-employment taxes and finances with QuickBooks Self-Employed. Designed for freelancers, independent contractors, and 1099 workers, QuickBooks Self-Employed estimates your quarterly taxes, shows you your take-home pay, and helps you maximize tax-saving deductions all year round.
What devices does QuickBooks Online work with?
- Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), or Chromebooks
- Internet connection required (high-speed connection recommended)
- Supported browsers: Chrome 41 or later, Firefox 36 or later, Internet Explorer 10 or later, Safari 6.2 or later.
- Also accessible via mobile browsers: Android, Chrome (Android and iOS) and Safari.
Is there an additional fee for the QuickBooks mobile app?
QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost.
What devices does the QuickBooks mobile app work with?
QuickBooks Online mobile app is available on iPhone, iPad and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps.
Have a different question? See the rest of our FAQs.
Already use QuickBooks?
If you use Pro, Premier, or Mac Desktop, learn how you can convert to QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Online requires a computer with a supported Internet browser (see System Requirements for a list of supported browsers) and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Online services vary by participating financial institutions or other parties and may be subject to application approval, additional terms, conditions, and fees.
- Invite up to two accounting professionals, such as your accountant or bookkeeper, to access your data. Once they accept your invitation they will automatically get signed up for QuickBooks Online Accountant, allowing them to access your data.
- Each application may have its own terms and fees.
- QuickBooks Online Simple Start includes 1 user license. QuickBooks Online Essentials includes 3 user licenses. QuickBooks Online Plus includes 5 user licenses
- Customers who use QuickBooks Online with Payments get paid on average twice as fast as those who don't, based on data from 9/13-2/14. QuickBooks Payments is an optional fee-based service. Subscription to the latest version of QuickBooks Online is required, sold separately. Application approval, an Internet connection on a Windows PC and Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 10, or Safari 6.1 browser required. Rates are determined by the financial institution and are subject to change without notice. Transactions are subject to Association guidelines. Starting at approval or first use (depending on service you select) your debit/credit card account will automatically be charged on a per transaction, monthly and/or annual basis at the then current transaction and/or monthly fees for the service you selected, until you cancel. To cancel call 800-558-9558. Swiped rate applies to qualified swiped Visa/MC/Discover network transactions. Most rewards, corporate and special card types are considered non-qualified transactions and merchant will be charged the keyed rate. American Express fees and transactions are based on industry type; additional fees may apply when accepting American Express. Additional fees may apply for specific occurrences, including chargebacks. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support options are subject to change without notice.
- First thirty (30) days of subscription to QuickBooks Online Simple Start with Payroll, QuickBooks Online Essentials with Payroll, or QuickBooks Online Plus with Payroll, starting from the date of enrollment, is free. After your 30 day free trial, you will automatically be charged $31.20/month to continue with QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced, or $79.00/month for QuickBooks Payroll Full Service for the first 12 months of service, or until you cancel. After 12 months, you will automatically be charged at the then-current monthly rate for the service(s) you have selected, until you cancel. Each employee is an additional $1.50/month for QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced or $2.00/month for QuickBooks Payroll Full Service. Pay up to 150 employees. If you file taxes in more than one state each additional state is $12 per month. Sales tax may be applied where applicable. You can place orders weekdays by phone by calling 800-286-6800 between 6:00 AM PST through 6:00 PM PST. Offer is valid for new QuickBooks Online with Payroll customers only and is available for a limited time. QuickBooks Payroll is not available with QuickBooks Self-Employed. Offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online or Payroll offers. To cancel your QuickBooks or Payroll subscription, call 866-272-8734 x111. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- Phone support is free during the 30-day trial and included with your paid subscription to QuickBooks Online. Phone support is available Monday through Friday between 6 am - 6 pm PST. Your subscription must be current. Intuit reserves the right to limit the length of the call. Terms, conditions, features, pricing, service and support are subject to change without notice.