Learn how to fix the error message Invalid PIN when trying to send payroll checks or accessing Payroll Tax Center.
You will see the invalid pin error messages when trying to send payroll or access the Payroll Tax Center:
- “Invalid PIN: You have entered an incorrect PIN three times. Please try again later”.
- “Problem: The PIN you entered is not valid. Solution Re-enter your PIN. Your PIN must be between 8 and 12 characters and include at least one letter and one number. Make sure that Caps Lock and Num Lock is turned off and that you enter your PIN carefully. [Message Code 1001]”
- “Problem: The PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times. For security we've temporarily locked access to the payroll service. Solution: Wait 15 minutes and then re-enter your pin. [Message Code 1000]”
To fix this error, try these steps:
- Check that you have entered the correct pin. A PIN must be 8-12 characters long and include at least one letter and one number. Special characters are not allowed.
- If you have entered an incorrect pin multiple times, wait 15 minutes. Reenter the correct pin.
- If you lost or forgotten your pin, you can change your pin.