Chatbots represent software that initiates chats with users through mobile apps, websites, message apps, and telephones. These artificial intelligence apps utilize natural language to simulate conversations. Because these machines converse with human beings, they are considered the most advanced devices in the field of artificial intelligence.
Chatbots perform two functions: analyzing a user’s request, and returning a response. This software is developed based on the needs of a user, which means each one of them performs a different function. To get the one that works best for you, you’re required to define your needs, so that it’s custom-tailored to give you the best results.
Customizations of chatbots involve a combination of different algorithms, such as semantic understanding, natural language processing, and machine learning. While all this sounds so technical, the good thing is that you don’t need to develop chatbots on your own – you can hire IT professionals to do it for you.
On the other hand, the installation of this software on the website is easy and follows a five-step process. Before you begin the installation process, you may want to use NordVPN to enhance your virtual network experience.
Here are stages you can follow to add a chatbot:
- Step 1: Select Chat Widget on the integrations panel, located on your web page.
- Step 2: To publish the Chat Widget, click the icon named “publish the bot.”
- Step 3: When you publish your bot, a code will appear. Then, click copy code.
- Step 4: Scroll up on the website source code and paste the code.
- Step 5: Refresh your website, and your chatbot will be installed.
In case you’re wondering why you should go through all this trouble for this software, here are seven reasons why your business needs a chatbot:
1. It keeps your business open. When your business falls in the category of small- and medium-sized, it’s difficult for you to maintain open doors 24/7. Customers don’t have a specific time to shop, making it more likely that they’ll visit your website when you’ve already closed operations for the day. It’s at this moment that chatbots become relevant. They can keep your customers busy by answering questions.
2. Chatbots are cost-effective. Well-established businesses develop apps that contain the products they deal in. Apps are effective in managing clients and improving business visibility. The issue with this software is cost. Compared to chatbots that perform the same function, apps are expensive to develop and require regular updating.
3. Improve user interaction. Chatbots resemble customer service personnel . They will cater to your customers’ needs, while also engaging them in polite conversations. Bots are non-intrusive, and will answer any questions about the the products on your website. This software mimics human interaction, making sure your customers have the best experience when going through your web page.
4. They will get you, millennial customers. Millennials prefer chats to any other form of communication. Therefore, if your business deals in products that attract this group of people, they’re likely to get hooked to your website, as they peruse through products and ask questions.
5. Assist customers to make decisions. When customers have a high budget, or want to try a product for the first time, they often don’t know what products they want to buy. Bots are designed to help consumers navigate the website in search of a product that they desire. They help by giving details of products selected, and sometimes provide customers with recommendations.
6. Improve customer trust. In a world where competition is stiff, you want your customers to trust you. When you can’t respond to their queries on time, they will question your brand’s credibility. Chatbots provide instant feedback to questions asked. They also buy you time to contact a client who wants to talk directly to your staff.
7. Collect customer data. As indicated above, bots are very interactive. You can leverage the information they collect and use it to not only improve your products , but also your web page. You can also program them to track customers and their purchasing behaviors. Such information will enable you to figure out what products are selling out fast and those that need more marketing.