You can assign classes to location by following the steps outlined below
- Go to Employees or Payroll menu, then Payroll Settings.
- Select Pay Run Settings, then Locations.
- In the top right hand corner is an option to Import QuickBooks Locations this will bring through classes (they will not be immediately visible).
- When the payroll is set-up, your payroll will be given a default location (often the Company Name), on the far right hand side of the screen. Select Add New against the existing location from the action menu.
- Enter a new location name in the box provided, which will be a sub-location of the default company location. Map to the QuickBooks Class using the drop-down menu.
- Leave the boxes unticked and Save.
- To ensure an employee is assigned to the correct payroll location (QuickBooks Class), select on the employee name from within the employees tab, then select locations while editing the employee information and allocate the appropriate location for the employee, and then Save.
- Payroll journals will now be populated with the appropriate class for each employee cost.