Top 5 barcode scanners for inventory management in 2020
Best budget barcode scanner: Brainydeal USB Automatic Barcode Scanner
With its ease of use and practical design, this barcode scanner is hard to look past for those who need a basic solution. It features automatic scanning with a scan rate of up to 100 scans per second.
- Limited features
- No wireless functionality
Best wireless barcode scanner: NADAMOO Bur3003 433Mhz Wireless Barcode Scanner
If you need to scan items on the go, this cordless barcode scanner delivers solid performance both indoors and outdoors. Installation is straightforward and simply requires plugging it into the USB port of your computer.
- Wireless scanning
- Two pairing modes
- Up to 100,000 barcodes can be stored in offline mode
- Moderately slow response time
Best USB barcode scanner: Symcode USB Automatic Barcode Scanner
This barcode scanner is very easy to install. design is stylish and it's capable of scanning 100 scans per second with great decode capability.
- Simple installation process
- One of the only barcode scanners that's shockproof from up to a 1.5-meter drop on solid concrete.
- Slightly pricier than similar models
Best Bluetooth barcode scanner: TaoTronics TT-BS030US 2-in-1 Bluetooth & Wired Barcode Scanner
This scanner has a handy 2-in-1 design that allows for wireless Bluetooth connectivity or a wired connection. It supports virtually all barcode types, including UPC/EAN, Code39, Coda Bar, ISBN, ISSN, and others.
- 2-in-1 connectivity
- Long-lasting battery
- Fast scanning speed
- Pricier than some other models
Best industrial barcode scanner: Zebra LI3678-SR Ultra-Rugged Cordless 1D Barcode Scanner
For those who need a barcode scanner in rugged conditions or extreme temperatures such as a manufacturing facility exposed to dust or a refrigerated warehouse, this industrial barcode scanner offers durability as well as all of the features you’d expect from a quality barcode scanner.
- Ultra-rugged – dustproof, spray proof, waterproof with the highest drop, tumble and sealing specification
- Extreme temperature rating
- Wireless design
- Comparatively expensive (however this is typical for an industrial scanner)