Believe it or not, over one-third of small-business owners lack a retirement savings plan. But after spending years growing your business, we’re willing to bet many of them want a plan in place to ensure they’re meeting retirement goals.
Which is why we’ve created a step-by-step guide detailing how to retire as a small-business owner, including:
- Setting life and retirement goals
- Choosing a retirement plan
- Planning an exit strategy
- Determining the future value of your business
- Examining your other assets and investments
- Preparing your will
- Avoiding touching your retirement savings too early
Follow this guide to help ensure you don’t reach retirement age without a plan for your and your small business.