If one of your employees asked you to describe your workers’ compensation coverage, what would you say?
Many business owners would vaguely describe it as the money that pays for employee injuries that occur while working.
That answer isn’t wrong, but it’s incomplete. Are you familiar with your business’ legal responsibilities under workers’ compensation laws?
This primer on workers’ compensation:
- Defines workers’ compensation
- Describes the types of businesses required to carry workers’ compensation coverage
- Identifies employees covered by workers’ comp
- Identifies injuries that are, and are not, covered by workers’ comp
- Describes the benefits available for employees under workers’ comp