As a small business owner, you’re reliably running low on spare time. Your focus is on your business, and our focus is on helping solve your payments needs. Cash flow is critically important to small businesses, so we’re constantly looking for new ways to help small businesses get paid faster, saving you time that would otherwise be spent chasing down money owed. Our research has even shown that QuickBooks® Online users getting paid online with QuickBooks Payments get paid 2X faster than those who don’t*!
To make it even easier for your customers to pay, we’ve launched a new and improved online payment portal. The new portal boasts a redesigned desktop and mobile experience so that customers can pay invoices in an instant.
In a nutshell: Your customers will be able to pay your invoice in one screen with fewer clicks and better checkout conversion. Your customers will now have more options for how to pay and flexibility around when to pay. The new portal shows customers everything they need to complete an online payment in one screen. Your customers will find:
- The most up-to-date invoice balance due.
- A PDF of the invoice.
- Invoice details including payment status.
- How to contact your business with questions.
What’s more is that your customers can save their debit/credit card or bank information to the QuickBooks wallet. That way, their information will be pre-populated for future online payments.
Below is a look at the new experience that your customers can expect when paying online invoices.
If you’ve already signed up for QuickBooks Payments, here’s how to add a Pay Now button to your invoices so customers can start using the new payment portal:
- Select the Plus icon (+) at the top, then Invoice.
- Select a customer (or client), then enter the invoice details.
- In the top right of the invoice, check the boxes next to Card and/or Bank transfer, depending on which option(s) you want to give customers to pay.
- To email the invoice, select Save and send. If you want to send the invoice at a later time, you can select Save and close from the dropdown next to Save and send.
*Getting paid 2X faster based on U.S. QuickBooks Online invoices using invoice tracking & payment features from August 2017 to July 2018.