Everyone loves to get paid, but paying your teams can be stressful and time consuming. From ensuring timesheets are correct to calculating payroll taxes—and everything in between—there’s a lot that can go wrong. Whether you run payroll yourself or need help from an accounting or bookkeeping pro, you’ll find QuickBooks Online Payroll gives you both a more consistent, accurate payday.*
QuickBooks Online Payroll is automated and reliable, giving you more control and flexibility. Not only will you know your payroll is done right; you’ll have more time to focus on growing your business.
How QuickBooks Online Payroll works
QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Payroll work seamlessly together to help you manage your business and pay your team in one place, under one sign-in.*
We understand that getting started with a new payroll solution can be overwhelming. If you prefer to run payroll on your own, QuickBooks Online Payroll Core covers the basics. Available in all 50 states, this plan allows you to pay your employees and contractors using direct deposit or by paper check, and payroll taxes will be done for you. The two upper-level payroll plans, Premium and Elite, offer powerful tools and services such as tax penalty protection, same-day direct deposit, time tracking, expert review, and expert setup.
Advanced features for review
Having payroll integrated into QuickBooks means your data flows into reports, making QuickBooks a one-stop shop for all your accounting needs. Payroll is run in the same spot you manage your books. No syncing, importing, or manually re-entering payroll data needed.
- Worry-free taxes: We’ll automatically calculate, file, and pay your payroll taxes—Accuracy guaranteed.1
- Tax Penalty protection: With our Tax Penalty Protection in Elite, we’ll resolve filing errors and pay penalties for up to $25,000, regardless of who caused the error.1
- Same-day direct deposit: In order to keep your cash longer, you can pay your employees with same-day direct deposit.*
- Run payroll automatically: You can create your own pay schedule and set payroll to run automatically after initial setup.*
- 1099 E-File & Pay: Create and e-file 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms. Copies are sent to contractors automatically.*
- Trusted time tracking made simple: Your will get automatic time tracking that syncs with QuickBooks Online Payroll for seamless business management. Your can easily manage your team and approve payroll when you're ready.* (Included with Premium and Elite subscription)
- Setup done for you: With Premium and Elite, our payroll experts will review your payroll setup once you provide necessary information, so you can pay your team right away. With Elite, you can also have an expert do it, so you’ll know it’s done right.*
Benefits for growing teams
Unlock big business benefits on small business budgets. Attract and retain top talent when you access employee services with QuickBooks Payroll, including HR support, workers’ comp, health benefits, and 401(k) plans.*
- HR Advisor: With QuickBooks Payroll Premium, you can easily access HR resources; Payroll Elite adds the ability to talk with an HR advisor.*
- Health benefits: QuickBooks partnered with SimplyInsured to offer medical, dental, and vision insurance nationwide. They also offer free benefits administration.*
- 401(k) plans: Access affordable retirement plans by Guideline that sync with QuickBooks Payroll.*
- Workers’ comp: Save money and get coverage for on-the-job injuries. Find the right policy for you with Next Insurance.*
- 24/7 expert support: Get troubleshooting assistance, help, resources, and callback support, day or night.*